cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Upgrade MC15 from M005 to M010?

GerritBarrere
1-Newbie

Upgrade MC15 from M005 to M010?

I suffered a grievous computer crash last week and had to reinstall everything, including MC15 and Prime 2.0. My distribution installation of MC15 was version M005, though, and I need M010 to be able to convert older files to Prime. I know I did this once before, but I can't find the upgrade anywhere. Can anyone give me a pointer?

Thanks,

Gerrit

12 REPLIES 12

Thank you, Werner, but these didn't do it. I just found from another post that M010 should be available from https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp , but I can't access that because my license has expired.

I was eligible for M010 while my license was active, so I should be able to get it again. Does anyone know how?

Gerrit

Not sure what the problem is. The license normally shouldn't expire I guess (it does with special agreements like volume licenses e.g. education) and looking at you profile I read "Maintenance: PtcCsMaintVerified", which would normally mean that you do not only have a valid license but also have an active maintainance agreement. So you should be able to enter the download section, I guess.

But even if not you shpould be able to download the evaluation/edu copy of Mathcad15, which, as I understand, is not different from any other version (despite of the license file of course).

Try this link: Mathcad 15.

Thanks! I downloaded and installed the latest M15, and it recognized my license file. It removed my old M005 in the process of installation. Now when I start M15 I verify that M020 appears on the About screen.

But the converter doesn't work. Here's the error I get:

"The conversion cannot be started. The issue may be caused by a previous version of Mathcad on your system. Close previous version to prevent data loss, run mcregister.exe in D:\Program Files ... \Mathcad 15, and then restart the converter"

I have shut all Mathcad programs down, run mcregister.exe, and rebooted several times in various sequences and still get this error. I think I'm close, but what's wrong now?

Gerrit

Maybe reinstall Mathcad Prime 2.0 will help. What service release of Prime 2.0 do you use (F000 or M010)?

F000. I will wait to see if there is a more rational solution before I reinstall Prime...

Gerrit Barrere wrote:

F000. I will wait to see if there is a more rational solution before I reinstall Prime...

I would install the latest Prime2 (M010) or (if you are still under maintainance) wait a few days for Prime3 which is promised to make conversion easier.

OK, I've now reinstalled both MC 15 and Prime, re-run mcregister multiple times, rebooted multiple times, and I'm still getting the same error from the converter: "The conversion cannot be started. The issue may be caused by a previous version of Mathcad on your system. Close previous version to prevent data loss, run mcregister.exe in D:\Program Files ... \Mathcad 15, and then restart the converter"

I've got legitimate versions of MC15 and Prime, but not maintenance. I do not want to buy Prime 3 and hope that will fix this problem. I should have the capability to run the converter -- I've paid for that but it's not working.

Can someone please help me get to the bottom of this?

Gerrit

Gerrit Barrere wrote:

OK, I've now reinstalled both MC 15 and Prime,

The current versions of both (MC15 M020 and Prime2 M010)?

It seems that is Prime2 F000.

Top Tags