cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Using Mathcad For Showing Working Out

ptc-4847893
1-Newbie

Using Mathcad For Showing Working Out

So, I'm new to mathcad and I'm just getting to grips with the use of it.

What I want to know is... Can Mathcad be used as a way of presenting an equation (Such as epanding a power series etc) where I just type in the equation out in full, step by step?

This is mainly because I would like to present my Engineering Mathematics Assignments in a well laid out way, as opposed to the "Epileptic spider covered in ink thrashing about that page" look I have when hand-writing it all out.

I know this may seem a bit of a primitive use for Mathcad, but it would really be useful to have alongside using it to verify my calculations.

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, for values of 'present' and 'type'. If you have MS Word, you could even use Equation Editor to enter the equation (to allow you to input the symbols or notation that Mathcad doesn't have).

In some cases, you may even be able to use Mathcad to automatically do the expansions for you (eg, symbolic series command).

Stuart

Thanks Stuart... I never even thought about Word. I'll have a go later when I get home.

Rather than use Word, you can embed an Equation Editor object into Mathcad .. same process as in Word ... and thus keep both calculations and any more elaborate equations in the one document (ie, the Mathcad worksheet).

Stuart

Top Tags