cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Using the solve function in Prime 3.0 with units not working

ptc-6803749
1-Newbie

Using the solve function in Prime 3.0 with units not working

Hej

I just downloaded Prime to try it out, and i like the layout and general feel a lot better than MathCad15, but I've run into a huge problem.

I used the symbolic solve in 15 a lot, solving for a missing variable in an equation, where all others were defined with units and then using the normal '=' in the evaluation tab. Then 15 would combine the units and spit out a useable result, where I could change the units by writing the desired unit on the end. The picture below shows what i mean:

Capture.PNG

Now trying to do the exact same thing in Prime 3.0 gives me the following

Capture.PNG

Any help would be appriciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually, your problem is that Prime doesn't recognize kJ as a unit. Define that and . . .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You're trying for a symbolic solve; but the symbolic processor doesn't recognise units. Try a numeric solve block.

And how exactly do I use numeric?

Why is it 15 seems smarter than Prime?

15 is smarter than Prime. Prime 3 is the first that could actually be considered "useable," version 15 will still do many things that Prime will choke on.

That said, Prime is the path forward.

Actually, your problem is that Prime doesn't recognize kJ as a unit. Define that and . . .

kJ was defined at the top of the page, but turns out it was because there was a * missing between ...c.pegl(t.gf-... when I made that ...c.pegl*(t.gf-... it worked.... Well that was an awesome way to waste half a day.. Thanks a lot for the help though

Top Tags