cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

VBScript error thanks to Windows 7?

ptc-1176891
1-Newbie

VBScript error thanks to Windows 7?

A worksheet we have been using successfully for many months now throws errors as my users are upgrading to Windows 7. The sheet is attached, and you will see that many of the scripts and buttons posted by gurus in the MC forums are included. Near the bottom, under the "Write Controlling Factors" section, the user uses a push-button to open a browse window and select a target Excel file. This has worked beautifully for many months.

Now running under Windows7, I get this error: "Microsoft VBScript runtime error | Line 12 Error:0 | ActiveX component can't create object: 'UserAccounts.CommonDialog'"

I have no idea what this means and hope the gurus can once again come through for me. Note this happens in both MC 14 and 15 (we don't have earlier versions anymore), and does NOT happen in Windows XP.

Thanks,

Preston

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-1176891)

Now running under Windows7, I get this error: "Microsoft VBScript runtime error | Line 12 Error:0 | ActiveX component can't create object: 'UserAccounts.CommonDialog'"

UserAccounts.CommonDialog exists only in Windows XP. I have an alternative file browser, but it requires that an ActiveX control be installed on each PC. I have also never tried it under Windows 7, and so can't be sure it will even work. I am not aware of an alternative way to write that component under Widows 7 without the extra ActiveX control. I also don't have Windows 7 to test any of the options anyway. Sorry.

Issue starts with windows vista, which I must to use. In the attached there are a cheat calling internet explorer to have a file browse object, but loosing files path, and others options, but have the adventage to works at any os with ie installed. So, it is for starting to solve the problem.

Regards. Alvaro.

Alvaro,

This will work very well for me; THANKS!

Preston

Top Tags