cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Vector plotting mathcad 15

ptc-5309470
1-Newbie

Vector plotting mathcad 15

Hello, i want to 3D plot a vector, but i cant seem to get any data, my vectors are:

Top := (0, 0, 146)

p1 := (-115, 115, 0)

p2 := (115, 115, 0)

p3 := (-115, -115, 0)

p4 := (115, -115, 0)

(Defined as a vertical matrix in mathcad)

When i try to plot these points like this: p1, p2, p3, p4, top i do not get any data, what am i doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Raiko
17-Peridot
(To:ptc-5309470)

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. However, it works fine if this is what you want.

Raiko

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:Raiko)

Rauko, if you plot a row vector (a b c) in 3D, you get a polygon connecting the points (0,0,a) with (0,1,b) with (0,2,c). The y-coordinates just being consecutive indices. If you plot a column vector, the effect is the same, but x and y would be switched. The data you provide is seen as z-values in any case.

One way to plot a sinle point is to create a vector whose elements are 1x1 matrices consisting of the coordinates. Then plot that structure and format as "Data Points/Scatter Plot", not as "Surface plot". Its cumbersome. If you have change the format to datapoints, change back to surfaceplot and change back to datapoints again, the error remains. You have to change to vector field temporarily and then back to data points to make it work again. Tricky!

Its unclear to me, too, what Mathias is looking for, but as he wrote that he "sees not any data" I suppose he is using Prime (which IMHO shouldn't be used for 3D plots anyway).

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:ptc-5309470)

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

What do you want to plot? Vectors or points given as vectors?

What are you expecting to see? Five vectors (line segments) beginning at the origin, five dots, a pyramid with a square base?

Announcements

Top Tags