cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Weird Output Table

truck_track
5-Regular Member

Weird Output Table

This is a simple program to create an array of random numbers. The trouble is that when I click on the output table, I cannot scroll left or right without first double-clicking on the output table and then clicking OK (in the Result Format Dialog box). Then I must click to the left or right side of the horizontal scroll bar and then click outside of the output table. I posted in M14 because I do not know if this a problem with MathCad in general or just M14. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

On 10/13/2009 10:15:18 PM, truck_track wrote:
>... Any help or suggestions? Thanks <<br> ____________________________

Code that one, it will surely solve your problem !

jmG

What output table? The only random number array is B. It is small enough that it dsisplays as an array, not an output table. There is no scrolling involved as the entire array is displayed.

The only output tables are for the individual row and column displays, done with iterated display using a range variable. There is no sideways scrolling of these as they are a single column. No vertical scrolling is needed as they are long enough to display the entire table.

>This is a simple program to create an array of random numbers<<br> ____________________

If you don't have an array to randomize, then you need one and no programming involved. Once you have "pic' in the picture tool, stretch (drag) to make it about square image bigger then "zoom to window".

jmG

truck_track
5-Regular Member
(To:truck_track)

In my worksheet on my computer, B is displayed as a 10 X 5 output table but should be displayed as a 10 X 10 output table. It displays an array just fine until I change n to 10 and then M14 produces the 10 X 5 output table, in which I can't scroll to the right to see columns 6-10 without first opening the Result Format dialog box.

The file you posted had n=9, and so did not display the problem. Hence my comments.

With n=10 it does indeed behave as you say (in MC14 M020, don't know about the M030 version). It seems to be just another bug in the ...:=...=... idiom (combined assign and display). Note that prior to M030 such displays are not necessarily current, the data values can be changed and the display still display the previous values.

OK, Thanks! Just glad I wasn't doing something wrong. And sorry about the wrong value of n in the first worksheet.
truck_track
5-Regular Member

P.S. Even without the range variables i and j, the array displays as a 10 X 5.
Top Tags