cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Unprotecting headers and footer

thedavebird-dis
1-Newbie

Unprotecting headers and footer

Hello,

This is my first question to this forum...
I am using Mathcad to write calculation templates for engineering applications.
In each template i am selectively unprotecting specific input regions to allow a user to 'save as' and use the calculation for their specific application.

The problem is, when I protect the worksheet, the 'headers and footers' control seems to be grayed out (disabled) by default. I need the user to be able to rename the header and footer information to suit their specific title+number.

Is there any way to enable the headers and footers on a protected worksheet?
[Sorry for being so long-winded!)
3 REPLIES 3

If the work sheet is for general purpose, why then would you want to protect this or that ? It would be enough to make sure they don't misuse some calculations ... like pushing the train speed at 1000 km/hr if the limit is 100 km/hr. Regularly in this collab, visitors lost their password and the sheet a well. Further, if you are new to Mathcad, you will have questions, then you will have to unprotect the work sheet. A good way not to lose the work sheet password is using the same password as your "collab password"... that one you can always retrieve and very quick.

jmG

Thaks Jim,
That info is useful.
I would still like to find an answer to my dilemma though, even if somebody just says ....'I have tried the same and it is not possible'

On 10/16/2009 3:39:00 AM, thedavebird wrote:
>Thaks Jim,
>That info is useful.
>I would still like to find an
>answer to my dilemma though,
>even if somebody just says
>....'I have tried the same and
>it is not possible'

For the other part of your question,

>The problem is, when I protect the worksheet, the 'headers and footers' control seems to be grayed out (disabled) by default. I need the user to be able to rename the header and footer information to suit their specific title+number.<<br>
==> simple ! Do like many collabs do:
Start the work sheet about 1" lower and terminate about 1" higher than a normal full page. In those empty spaces, the client will put his logo, title application ... page X/Y, revised date, name ...etc.

Why a partly protected work sheet does not carry the header/footer, question for Watson. What do you think about the night Watson ? After the third question/answer ... clear night, plenty of starts, no rain ... not that Watson: somebody has stolen our tent ! Depending upon how the logo is first created, a 1" height by not necessarily square, this size logo is very convenient for an elegant/gracious image as well as for an image of little details. Today printers can have dithering several times more than the human eye can resolve. Dithering 250 is equivalent to the human eye resolution 5 x 5 lines-square/mm.

jmG

Top Tags