cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

What is wrong with this big formula?

jsuarez
1-Newbie

What is wrong with this big formula?

Hi community,

Here I submit for revision and correction the results of a big formula to get the density of a mixture of ethanol and water given the temperature in degree Celsius  (t) and the alcoholic strength by mass (p) expressed as decimal. The goal is to reproduce an alcoholometry table attached as a pdf file where the formula is given together with the reduced result table .

I attach also the Mathcad worksheet where I try to reproduce the table by applying the formula to different values of temperature and alcoholic strength of the mixture.

Thank you for any help!

Juan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:jsuarez)

Hi Juan,

The formula is not correct.

Alcohol.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:jsuarez)

Hi Juan,

The formula is not correct.

Alcohol.jpg

jsuarez
1-Newbie
(To:-MFra-)

Hi FM,

Thank you very much  for your answer. At first I did not see the change you made, but then I realized I was raising p  to the term (t-20)^ i  instead of multiplying p by this term. Is it possible to use the excel component to call this formula in Mathcad and use as argument the temperature and the alcoholic strength by mass sitting in the first row and first column of an excel spreadsheet respectively and populate the excel sheet with the density (the output of this formula)?

Thank you very much again

juan

Top Tags