cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Where is the command addline?

Iraj
5-Regular Member

Where is the command addline?

Hi

I need use command addline.

I don't see the command addline in the PTC Mathcad Prime 9.0.0.0

I had seen this command in previous versions of this program, but not now

please guide me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

Capture.JPG

Iraj
5-Regular Member
(To:terryhendicott)

Hi

Thanks

i see this command.

i try it.

But this command does not have the function of addline command.

Iraj
5-Regular Member
(To:terryhendicott)

hi again

i need type this 

i can't use your command

Cornel
18-Opal
(To:Iraj)

Cornel_0-1696601873173.png

Iraj
5-Regular Member
(To:Cornel)

thanks

But in my previous versions, I used to write the command according to the sent photo with the addline command, but now I can't do it.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Even though Prime is called Mathcad Prime by PTC, its a software which differs in many respect from good old Mathcad.

And yes, in Mathcad you had to use the addline command to get a newline and in Prime you simply have to hit the Enter key - thats even easier. On the other hand I find it a bit strange and uncomfortable that we cannot simply type Enter after the first program line to add a second one but rather have to create a program structure first (using the old addline shortcut "]"). But once a program structure is created, you have to use Enter to add a new line of code.

Prime is much less convenient compared to old Mathcad in many respects, but this change I would call an improvement. I also like the Ctrl-J feature in Prime. You can type "else" (without the quotes) and immediately press Ctrl-J and Prime will convert the text to the appropriate programming structure. Thats easier than to remember the keyboard shortcuts or the usage of the floating palettes (which Prime does not offer anyway).

BTW, like in old Mathcad you may also use in Prime the if-function instead of the if-program structure:

Werner_E_0-1696611436250.png

For short sequences this sure is a space-saving option.

Iraj
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you very much for your complete explanation.

Another question, if I want to use it like a addline command that includes 5 conditions, how should I write it?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You could either use a couple of "if else" statements or a couple of simple "if"'s combined with "return" (which automatically stops a program).

Werner_E_0-1696632495874.png

You may also use heavily nested if-functions but this would look very unclear and confusing (like in Excel).

Iraj
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks

Is it possible to send me the Mathcad of these?

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

If you're using the free version (Prime Express) the programming menu is supressed:

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1696937661605.png

Do not fret!  The old if statements (like EXCEL) still work:

Fred_Kohlhepp_1-1696937780301.png

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@Iraj wrote:

Hi

I need use command addline.

I don't see the command addline in the PTC Mathcad Prime 9.0.0.0

I had seen this command in previous versions of this program, but not now

please guide me.

Previous versions of Prime or are you talking about real Mathcad (Mathcad 15 and below)?

In Prime once you created a program structure you simply type "Enter" to add a new line of program code!

Top Tags