cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Why I cannot create a counter plot

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Why I cannot create a counter plot

Why I cannot create a counter plot - see please the picture and the Mathcad Prime 3.0 file in attach.

In Mathcad 15 no problem - see please One minimize problem - numerical and symbolical solutions

Run-Prime-3-0.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Valery.

But whith createmesh you have the option to make explicit the units for the arguments of the function to plot, and don't need to destroy the units in the calculations.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Valery.

I guess that because Mathcad don't know which units have the arguments of the time function. Actually, the error message is the same if you call time(1, 2) instead time(1 m, 2 m).

Best regards.

Alvaro.

Thans, Alvaro, for the answer.

I think we must do so. Only so - it is the question!

Run-Prime-3-0-wu.PNG

Hi Valery.

But whith createmesh you have the option to make explicit the units for the arguments of the function to plot, and don't need to destroy the units in the calculations.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

Ah. Another workaround could be to define a local function inside plot, or a worksheet function, like t.units (x,y) <- t(x2*m, x3*m) and plot them.  --- Edited

Best regards.

Alvaro.

I think it is a bug in Mathcad Prime and hope all will be OK in 4.0!

AlvaroDíaz написал(а):

Hi Valery.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

Yesss

Run-Prime-3-0-cm.PNG

Well, for me it is more than a bug in mathcad 15, which ignores the units in the plot evaluations, without an explicit option (like a new option, "Ignore Units", similar to "Optimize" and others). Looks more consistent in that sense Prime, with that error message. I'm not pretty sure if this is an actual bug, but make this automatic process hard to interpret for me.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

UnitsBug.gif

Maple does not work with units in the X-Y-plot, 3D-plot, by optimization etc

One my Russian Mathcad-friend has tatu:

With that kind of ink and with of the needle, obviously not!

Best regards.

Alvaro.

Valery friend is absolutely right.

ValeryFriendNatu.png

Viktor

User: "Mathcad Prime is now not so good!"

PTC Mathcad team:  "No, Good! Good! Good...!" 

One more - a junior issue (with 3 mistakes):

Таки нету в жизни счастья. При попытке изменения размерности t указатели цветовой шкалы остаются в секундах.

ContourPlotError.png

Viktor
Top Tags