cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Why cant i arrange the numbers in a component-excel table?

DrilonShabani
8-Gravel

Why cant i arrange the numbers in a component-excel table?

I am uploading an example where i created an excel table with component and added 3 vectors as input. If i arrange the number it works fine but when i press the mouse somewhere else to go out of the excel format it mixes again the numbers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

You can't use tables nor ranges for sort the inputs values, but can use some combination of excel functions for sort, but in other place, not where excel get's mathcad values.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

fig.gif

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

If i arrange the number it works fine

?? What do you mean by "arranging the number" and what is it which works fine?

when i press the mouse somewhere else to go out of the excel format it mixes again the numbers

Sorry, but its absolutely not clear to me what you mean by that and what problem you experience.

In case thats irritating you: You can't change the cells which are assigned by the three input vectors as the excel table will always be assigned their values upon recalculation.

I have uploaded the file. You can see an arrow in the begining of each line. If i sort the values on the table  from the smallest it changes all the places fine. But when i press out of the excel sheet(to go out of excel

editing.. Dont know how to call it) it brings back the numbers in the same order.

Sorry for the confusion. Hope it is better explained now.

For what Excel? Sort them in Mathcad!

How to do that? Beside this, the values are depended on other vectors and of course the sorting must change also other vectors. It has to be an automatic procedure in order to sort always, even when i change the values of the  input.

Plus, i want to present the result in a table.. Not necessarily excel but a table.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DrilonShabani)

So what about:

And you can also:

Success!
Luc

This is perfect. I get exactly what i wanted. I just dont know how to edit the names of the columns/rows (names instead of numbers). Actually i think it is not possible, so do you think there is something that i can do about it? Otherwise the results are exactly what I wanted to do. Thank you!!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Other than that you can set ORIGIN to any value (other than it's default of being 0), which then changes the starting row and column numbers accordingly, there's nothing you can do about the column names/row numbers.

This is the 'table' presentation of the matrices.

You can also choose the 'matrix' presentation and add a top row and a first column with text strings, but... well look here:

Success!
Luc

This is sort of ehat im looking for. Hiding the weight is not a problem i think but i dont know what to do about the table. I have created all the equations, i just need this way of representing. Actually i saw a guy who had something like this but he didn't  tell me how he created it because he used to sell it. This case is choosing a steel profile that fulfills all the criterions of the  codes. The values of the ratio that are higher than 1 are not showing... Everything works fine. I just need to create this final table. Unfortunately excel doesnt work and with the table i cant change the name.

Any idea? 

New Doc 16_1.jpg

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

What 'name' can't you change?

Still comparatively easy if you can live with the 'Matrix' presentation:

Note that the static information on the rows (and the upper-left cell) is in the RowNos variable, the static information on the columns is in the ColNames variable.

The data is in the matrix M, If you want it sorted on any column, use csort() with the correct column as its second parameter

If you want just the first two columns of data you can use the submatrix() function on the result.

Then to assemble the table you stack() ColNames on top of the (sorted and selected) data, and augment() this result to RowNos.

At least that's what I did in my example above.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

With these functions:

Does this work for you?

Or, just as easy:

Luc

Thank you very much. This is what I wanted. I will show a picture just to see the final result.

P.S. I am new in Mathcad but with your help and also the help of the others in the forum I am being able to get everything that i want.

THANK YOU!

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

Try this

Thank you very  much. This gives me what i wanted.

Drilon Shabani wrote:

I have uploaded the file. You can see an arrow in the begining of each line. If i sort the values on the table  from the smallest it changes all the places fine. But when i press out of the excel sheet(to go out of excel

editing.. Dont know how to call it) it brings back the numbers in the same order.

Sorry for the confusion. Hope it is better explained now.

I see.

But as already written - any changes you make to the first three columns, which are defined by the three input variables, are lost after leaving the region, because the worksheet is recalculated and the original values are restored (thats what the input variables are meant to do.

But you were already told two ways to achieve what you want.

Preferably  do without Excel and use Mathcads functions to do what has to be done as shown by Luc.

If for some reason you have to use Excel for your calculations, you should put the results in other cells of the Excel-sheet and define appropriate output variables as shown by Alvaro.

Hi.

You can't use tables nor ranges for sort the inputs values, but can use some combination of excel functions for sort, but in other place, not where excel get's mathcad values.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

fig.gif

But in this case if you change matrix AC you need to change manually also "Auxiliary" numbers?

I just noticed that this changes even the Auxiliary row. Brilliant!!

This is 100% what i wanted to do. I can format, change the color, width and everything

Thank you very much.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Top Tags