cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

‌Why does the Mathcad blog says that Mathcad Prime 3.1 is now available?

MarkBuckton
4-Participant

‌Why does the Mathcad blog says that Mathcad Prime 3.1 is now available?

‌Why does the Mathcad blog say that Mathcad Prime 3.1 is now available and gives a link to a demo video of it but neither downloads exist?

I have looked in the software download section of my subscription and it still shows Mathcad Prime 3.0 and the demo vides have no reference to Mathcad Prime 3.1. So it looks obvious that all will have paid maintenance for nothing. We don't even know how MC Prime 3.1 will benefit the average Mathcad user. My suspicion is not at all?

Regards, Mark

2 REPLIES 2
athurin
4-Participant
(To:MarkBuckton)

It all depends on what you call "the average Mathcad user".

If I remember rightly, the main feature added to MP3.1 is an API. If you don't need the API, chances are you won't benefit much from MC3.1.

The rate at which (essential !) features are added to Mathcad Prime is a big joke. The features I consider essential may be added in MP5... or maybe not (no clear roadmap).

But don't worry, you are not the only one who feels bad about having purchased Mathad...

MarkBuckton
4-Participant
(To:athurin)

Although from my reading on Mathcad Prime 3.1, I think this release will be of little benefit to most users. I hope you and other users are telling PTC that you are not happy with the rate at which they deliver changes to Mathcad i.e. deliver real benefit to their end customers. For example they build a whole new API to talk to external applications and then pat themselves on the back but still don’t support output to MS Word format. Even TKsolver at $500 has live links to Word using OLE.

In my view the way they treat customers is well below industry norms. I know a lot of users that are considering dropping their maintenance for MathCad and this is not good situation for anyone. Not uploading the upgrade to loyal paying customers before announcing the product to the world is yet another illustration of how they choose to treat their customers. I think you would agree this is not acceptable behaviour.

It would seem to me that their marketing department is better staffed than their engineering department i.e. they seem to have plenty of resources to change the look of web pages and the like but when it comes to doing engineering; well what more can I say! only that this is a strange and bizarre situation as PTC claim to a be company that delivers technology solutions. Maybe they should say in there marketing blurb that PTC delivers technology solutions very very very slowly then at least they would be telling the truth. It sort of like being in a science class at school when your chemistry teacher tells you that glass is a liquid but that unfortunately you will have to wait a lifetime to see it flow.

Top Tags