cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

XL Storage (Again)

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

XL Storage (Again)

Since we have had numerous posts about reading, writing and collecting Excel data I thought I would try and get help with the scripted component in the attached worksheet.

The ‘Excel storage object’ passes a range to the component using a function. The main advantage this is that there is no need for an external file and the Excel component stays within the Mathcad Worksheet.

What I'm after is someone with better scripting qualities to modify the function so it passes numerous variables to Excel as shown in the attached worksheet.

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

I've modified the object code a little - it will accept a variety of input formats & detect a number of errors but you certainly get to understand how easy it is to miss bugs when trying to parse user inputs.

I'm sure that there is scope for a lot more improvement!

Hope this moves you closer to your goal, I use external XL files at the moment to store basic component data as a standard for all my sheets but tis exercise may spur me to revisiting that & convert to keeping just one complete mathcad file to reference instead..

Andy

I've modified the object code a little - it will accept a variety of input formats & detect a number of errors but you certainly get to understand how easy it is to miss bugs when trying to parse user inputs.

Absolute fantastic, this is a massive improvement on the previous version. Your scripting skills are obvisouly much better than mine

There are so many collabs in this forum asking for functions similiar to this.

Hope this moves you closer to your goal, I use external XL files at the moment to store basic component data as a standard for all my sheets but tis exercise may spur me to revisiting that & convert to keeping just one complete mathcad file to reference instead..

I have used external Excel files but it gets a little pedantic updating both sheets, say if I need to revise a calculation. The purpose of this function is to collect results above where the variables are calculated.

Cheers again

Mike

Top Tags