cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

XMCD, MCD Converter

KL_10077042
4-Participant

XMCD, MCD Converter

Hello,

I'm using Prime 7 and want to convert some Mathcad 15 documents but for some reason the converter button is greyed out and not clickable. 

Any tips how to get it working? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

In PTC Prime 7 the converter also comes as a stand alone application.  Go to the start menu, letter P, PTC and you will see a menu item for the converter.

Cheers Terry

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

In PTC Prime 7 the converter also comes as a stand alone application.  Go to the start menu, letter P, PTC and you will see a menu item for the converter.

Cheers Terry

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can't find any stand alone application. I think I will need to reinstall it then and see if it comes them.

Best regards

Karl

XMCD, MCD Converter is a standalone application and always was a standalone application in Mathcad Prime, but it was always installed unconditionally when Mathcad Prime was installed.

In Mathcad Prime 7.0.0.0 the following changes were made.

- Converter does not require Mathcad 15 to be installed on same machine anymore.

- Converter is an optional feature that user can choose to install or not to install.

Looks like you did not install it. Run the PTC Installation Assistant again and be sure to check the XMCD, MCD Converter check box on the Customize Application page.

Hi KL_10077042,

It appears from MSheykman on this Post  answers your question.  For the benefit of other Community Members who may have the same question, it would be great if you could designate it as the Accepted Solution.

In the event that this response did not answer your question, please post your current status so that we can continue to support.

Thanks for using the PTC Community!

Regards,

vnamboodheri

Hi @vnamboodheri The link in your post above just re routes to this post for me. so doesn't show an alternative post with the solution. Unfortunately I cannot find the solution to this same problem as I have installed several times now and on each occasion there is not an option to install with the convertor.

Anyone with some advise ?

Hi,

My problem was when we installed Mathcad on my PC we just forgot to check a box to install the converter. Either try to reinstall or just run the installation again (think I had to reinstall). It should be a check box somewhere to also install the converter. 

i recently installed prime 8 and went through the install, selected to add the convertor , and it works, however the Prime 7 didn't give me this option. seems odd. Does anyone know if there are different versions of Prime 7 that may not have this ability? thanks for the help

Oh. I did install it with Prime 7 and thought all versions have it but I might be wrong though. Glad that it works with 8.  

unfortunately i don't have a licence for Prime 8 so still trying to get prime 7 working . thanks for the help though

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MM_10316877)

Earlier today you mentioned that you had installed Prime 8...without a license? So you've got Prime 8 on a trial basis?

Prime will only convert to the latest version installed on a PC. In your case that's Prime 8 now.

Maybe you should remove Prime 8 from your system, then try if the installer for Prime 7 will give you the option to install the converter for it. Could be that you need to go as far as to remove, and then re-install Prime 7.

Success!
Luc

Unfortunately I have tried fresh install on Prime 7 and there is not an option to install with the converter in place. 

I later tried the Prime 8 Free edition, which for all purpose works, installing the converter, all be it you cannot use it as it is a free version. 

I then uninstalled everything and tried another fresh install of Prime 7 with no joy.

Thanks for all the feedback .

Mathcad Prime 7 and Prime 8 converter do not work side by side.

If you really need Mathcad Prime 7 converter you will need to do the following:

1. Uninstall Mathcad Prime 7 and Prime 8.

2. Install Mathcad Prime 7, be sure to check the check box for converter installation. 

3. Do not install Mathcad Prime 8. Convert all the files that you need to Mathcad Prime 7 format. 

We encourage you to convert to the latest version, which is Prime 8 at the moment. 

Top Tags