cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Y-axis order

ptc-1176891
1-Newbie

Y-axis order

Apparently I can no longer plot my X-Y data such that the Y-axis values increase DOWN the graph instead of up (see attached). I believe this limitation was not included in previous versions; could a v11 or v13 user please verify this?

Yes, the data can be manipulated to add a negative sign and make the plot appear correct, but some users have a preference (not sure it rises to the level of a "need") for the graph to show positive, increasing values DOWN the graph.

Thanks,
Preston
6 REPLIES 6

Preston,

confirmed. In version 11 you can have the lower end of the y-axis be a smaller limit/number than the higher end. Same goes for X-axis, w.r.t. left and right.

Success!
Luc
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-1176891)

That is a bug. Reversing the axis works if the trace type is set to lines, but not if it's set to points. This is true for both the x and y axes.

Richard

I was hoping I could change the trace type to lines, set the color to match the background, then activate the points too. But alas, no point markers are plotted.

I have submitted this to PTC and they acknowledge it's a bug. This behavior was not present in v13.

Thanks,
Preston

I guess that idea wouldn't have worked anyway, since the point markers and lines share the same color assignment. Would be nice if the line weight could be set to zero, or the marker color could be set distinct from the line color.

Speaking of line weights, anybody know what the line weight "p" means? In the pull-down there are weights 1 throuth 9, then at the bottom of the list is "p".

Thanks,
Preston

Already sent to PTC, so it's been logged.

Mona

On 11/30/2009 6:41:53 PM, MonaZ wrote:

This work sheet:

http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?131104,99

should help document/illustrate/disambiguate

MuPad "simplify,max,min"

Obviously, "simplify,min" means minimum as lesser degree. But if not documented, how can it be illustrated ? Maybe not needed if 'parfrac' is operative. Two examples of 'parfrac' are supplied. I couldn't interpret "simplify,max" because collabs have given no examples.

The work sheet linked is attached.

Jean
Top Tags