cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

bode plot transfer function? mathcad prime4

aingemarson
2-Guest

bode plot transfer function? mathcad prime4

Skärmklipp.PNGI'm trying to make a bode plot, what am I doing wrong? and how should I do?

7 REPLIES 7

Dunno!

Attached is your sheet redone in Prime 3.0, with results  (should be readable using 4.0)

@aingemarson wrote:
I'm trying to make a bode plot, what am I doing wrong? and how should I do?

Its hard to impossible to debug a picture. So you should provide your Prime sheet.

Chances are that you had defined omega somewhere above the calculations you show.

So you may decide to redefine omega as a range similar to what Fred had shown or use a differently named variable for plotting.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:aingemarson)

Ah, so you did type C1(... instead of C1*(...

Luc

Luc's guess was correct - you wrote a function call C1(rc+R1) instead of a multiplication C1*(rc+R1).

But there is a second error, too, which will make your phase plot fail. You typed square brackets [] instead of parentheses (). Square brackets mean that you create a matrix/vector!

Correcting these two errors, maybe adding a range variable  to select the frequency range for plotting and use a log scale should give you the plots you are looking for.

BTW, you can create a true omega if you type a w and then Type Ctrl G.

B.png

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

rc * C1 is a time constant, i.e. it has the dimension of a time (second). The complex variable s can be defined as a complex angular frequency (pulsation) with dimension second ^ (- 1).

So s * rc * C1 is dimensionless. This must also apply to the denominator. It does not have a physical meaning to add a resistance to a capacity ... so the denominator must be (C1 * (rc + R1) + C2 * R1) s + C1 * C2 * rc * R1 * (s ^ 2).

aingemarson.jpg

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:aingemarson)

Please attach your worksheet, not just a picture!

You've probably typed C1(rc+R1) instead of C1*(rc+R1). Now Prime tries to evaluate the function C1.

Or did you define w somwhere upwards?

LM_20180620_Bode.png

Success!
Luc

Top Tags