cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

calculating the movement of a reciprocating axis.

WA_5194990
5-Regular Member

calculating the movement of a reciprocating axis.

I am using Mathcad Prime Release 10.0 and Datecode10.0.0.0

I created a worksheet with symbolic calculations (Integration) and units. This worksheet worked flawless in Mathcad Prime 9.0. In Mathcad prime 10 after switching on the option units/constants in symbolic all calculation results disappeared.

The result of the calculation is the necessary acceleration to satisfy the boundary condition that the movement must stop at a certain distance / stroke at a given time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, using correct mathematical notation does the trick

See above...  😄

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@WA_5194990 wrote:

I am using Mathcad Prime Release 10.0 and Datecode10.0.0.0

I created a worksheet with symbolic calculations (Integration) and units.

You are not using any symbolic calculations.

But the problem you experience is interesting!

It seems that Prime 10 is more sensitive to correct mathematical notation - not bad at all 🙂

Here is how to fix it:

Werner_E_0-1717200370799.png

The variable of integration is not allowed anymore to share the same name as an integral limit.
Feel free to use any name (it has not to be tau, tau1, etc,) but not "t", as this is the limit of integration and the formal argument of functions "vel" and "path".

Working Prime 10 worksheet attached

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:WA_5194990)

I change these t to tau etc. it makes plots.

image.pngimage.png

Yes, using correct mathematical notation does the trick

See above...  😄

WA_5194990
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

The supposed bug in Prime 10 turns to be an Improvement vs. Prime 9 and a teachable moment to use accurate notation. Thank you very much for the quick help. I'm impressed with support in the community.

Top Tags