cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

confrac with squareroot

AlfredFlaßhaar
13-Aquamarine

confrac with squareroot

Hello,

"sqrt(x) confrac, fraction" does not work symbolically. Every other functions like sin(x) etc. are working well. What is to do in MC14, to get "sqrt(x) confrac, fraction,n" as a new structured function?

Regards, Alfred Flaßhaar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank You, but now I have got a solution: It runs with "sqrt(1+x) confrac".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Please upload your worksheet here.

Thank You, but now I have got a solution: It runs with "sqrt(1+x) confrac".

Glad you solved your problem.

May I please You once more to spend help? Please take notice of the attachement from the good old MC14. Destination is the use of the result from the continued fraction as a function depending of x, coloured yellow.

Regards, Alfred Flaßhaar

Try

f(x) := sqrt(1+x), confrac, fraction, 8 ->

Success!
Luc

Do you need separate functions for numerator and denominator?

A first attempt is shown below. Note that you don't always get numerator and denominator of the fully cancelled fraction that way.

It was necessary to change the accuracy parameter from 8 to 11 to get the same result as with the constant value 1 for x.

Unfortunately I see no way to make this accuracy value an argument of the functions so we are stuck with the value chosen when the functions are defined.

Werner_E_0-1664380507065.png

Note that the function return the same result as when using confrac with a specific value for x only for x=1.

So I guess these function are not of much use to you.

Reason can be seen here:

Werner_E_0-1664381746330.png

MC15 worksheet attached (should be opened by MC14 without problems).

Thank You. This helps.

Top Tags