cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

corrupted files.

KarstenJ
4-Participant

corrupted files.

Hi I am student and some of my files are corrupted.

I have 2 mcdx files where there is an error with precision in some calculations.

when the files where saved, a critical error had occurred setting precision to "" (ergo nothing) I remember ignoring it and thinking nothing of it.

I have tried a fix where you turn the files into .zip and alter the worksheet file manually, but when I try to open it after I have repacked it and changed it back to mcdx, it just doesn't open.

if anyone has a fix, that be awesome

thanks in advance.

regards Karsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rename the corrupt files to *.zip

In the zip file edit the file \mathcad\worksheet.xml by replacing every occurrence (there are a couple of them) of

precision=""

by

precision="0"

(or whatever precision you think is appropriate) and resave the edited file back to the zip archive.

Rename the zip-file back to *.mcdx and Prime will open the file.

As far as I understand, that's exactly what you were trying to do anyway. Maybe you missed to replace one or the other occurrence of precision = "".

Find attached the two modified files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rename the corrupt files to *.zip

In the zip file edit the file \mathcad\worksheet.xml by replacing every occurrence (there are a couple of them) of

precision=""

by

precision="0"

(or whatever precision you think is appropriate) and resave the edited file back to the zip archive.

Rename the zip-file back to *.mcdx and Prime will open the file.

As far as I understand, that's exactly what you were trying to do anyway. Maybe you missed to replace one or the other occurrence of precision = "".

Find attached the two modified files.

KarstenJ
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

thank you for your help.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:KarstenJ)

Collect Prime7 files attached. Yellow color equations are added.

Top Tags