cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

delete rhs of evaluation

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

delete rhs of evaluation

How do you delete the rhs of an evaluation? So if I type a:34, then a=, how can I then delete the rhs to get back to just "a"? Am I just missing something, or is this not possible?

Richard
5 REPLIES 5

The only place I've found is to be on the LHS of the equal sign. This is a drastic change from before, where pretty much anywhere was fair game for a deletion of some sort.

TTFN,
Eden

You can't delete the RHS because there is no input RHS -- the RHS is generated. You need to delete the evaluation operator (=) itself.

This is different from previous versions where = was a binary operator and could be deleted by deleting its right operand (the units placeholder). The MC' behaviour is more natural and makes more sense.
(To:TomGutman)

Ah, yes. I see. I guess that's OK now I know how.

Richard

Be careful if you delete all values I've found that this frequently leaves the maths region - which you can click in and type another equation - but is not visible because nothing is in it. It's a little funny - you can move the empty box around and let it get in the way of other stuff you are doing.

I've attached a "happy" face drawn with empty maths regions that are then highlighted (first thing Friday morning - coffee hasn't kicked in yet).

Philip

Very cute, but I logged it anyway.

Mona
Top Tags