cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

delete rhs of evaluation

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

delete rhs of evaluation

How do you delete the rhs of an evaluation? So if I type a:34, then a=, how can I then delete the rhs to get back to just "a"? Am I just missing something, or is this not possible?

Richard
5 REPLIES 5

The only place I've found is to be on the LHS of the equal sign. This is a drastic change from before, where pretty much anywhere was fair game for a deletion of some sort.

TTFN,
Eden

You can't delete the RHS because there is no input RHS -- the RHS is generated. You need to delete the evaluation operator (=) itself.

This is different from previous versions where = was a binary operator and could be deleted by deleting its right operand (the units placeholder). The MC' behaviour is more natural and makes more sense.
(To:TomGutman)

Ah, yes. I see. I guess that's OK now I know how.

Richard

Be careful if you delete all values I've found that this frequently leaves the maths region - which you can click in and type another equation - but is not visible because nothing is in it. It's a little funny - you can move the empty box around and let it get in the way of other stuff you are doing.

I've attached a "happy" face drawn with empty maths regions that are then highlighted (first thing Friday morning - coffee hasn't kicked in yet).

Philip

Very cute, but I logged it anyway.

Mona
Top Tags