cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

formatting in mathcad 3.0

MattLiberty
1-Newbie

formatting in mathcad 3.0

I using the default report template and was wanting help with any formatting tricks to get my report ready. Is there a way to make a table of contents? Title Page?

14 REPLIES 14

also I forgot to ask about getting an excel sheet to fit inside of the margins? I can't resize it small enough.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:MattLiberty)

I take it you mean Mathcad Prime 3.0, not Mathcad 3.0?

Could you please upload a worksheet?

Attached is the excel file that I want to resize to fit inside of the margins. Or at least make it look presentable.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Do you want to show all the data?

yes, this would be preferable. But I realize that the shear size of the excel document probably will be too small to read if it is all displayed.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I made a start and would be possible with a little playing around.

Following up from my previous effort you could reduce the text size right down to allow it to fit on a single page.

You will have to break the data down into multiple Excel components.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Matthew Tomaw wrote:

I using the default report template and was wanting help with any formatting tricks to get my report ready. Is there a way to make a table of contents? Title Page?

Unfortunately not. TOC has been a long standing request.

You can add headers and footers.

Also I just thought of another thing. Even though MathCAD seems to be tailored towards being able to do both computations and report generation, there seem to be some constraints on how we can even formatt the report. Is there an easy way to import things from MathCAD into Word or Excel for word processing. I just feel like word has so many more capabilities when it comes to creating a unique report. I have tried to copy/paste plots from MathCAD into word and it doesn't seem to work? Any thoughts?

Is there an easy way to import things from MathCAD into Word or Excel for word processing.

Nothing of worth if you use Prime - just raster/pixel graphics.

So would it be fair to say that there are limitations to how my report can look if I do it all in MathCAD. Or I spend a relatively long time on exporting individual peices into word via copy/paste or the microsoft snipping tool. I am just trying to gauge what I should do moving forward.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

For the time being I would produce your work in Mathcad 15, if you have it, and save as a rtf format and open in Word.

you should be able to copy single regions (including plots) from Prime 3.0 in Word...multiple region copying is not supported yet. Saving an entire worksheet to word would be useful and would be considered for a future release.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tdevaraj)

Thomas Devaraj wrote:

you should be able to copy single regions (including plots) from Prime 3.0 in Word...multiple region copying is not supported yet. Saving an entire worksheet to word would be useful and would be considered for a future release.

Is this likely to be included in Prime 4.0?

When are we likely to hear about Prime 4.0 release?

Top Tags