cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

left over Dotted region borders - irritating?

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member

left over Dotted region borders - irritating?

I'm just rolling out an upgrade from V11.2 to V14 M030. One of the feedbacks I have recieved, which is irritating the user, is as follows.

When selecting & moving regions, the selection dotted lines often stay on the screen until the 'refresh' button is pushed. I think worse, as it's happening often enough to be an irritation. Could just be something to do with this particular worksheet. (it was originally imported from V11).

Hss anyone else noticed this?

Philip

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PhilipOakley)

Philip Oakley wrote:

I'm just rolling out an upgrade from V11.2 to V14 M030. One of the feedbacks I have recieved, which is irritating the user, is as follows.

When selecting & moving regions, the selection dotted lines often stay on the screen until the 'refresh' button is pushed. I think worse, as it's happening often enough to be an irritation. Could just be something to do with this particular worksheet. (it was originally imported from V11).

Hss anyone else noticed this?

Philip

Yes.

This happens on both my own and work computer which are both running M14.

Once the dotted region is out of the screen shot it disappears.

Mike

This is an ancient bug. It has been reported, whined about frequently, but never fixed. I have learned to ignore it.

Richard Jackson wrote:

This is an ancient bug. It has been reported, whined about frequently, but never fixed. I have learned to ignore it.

A bug ...what a joke ! "Refresh" is part of Mathcad at least since 8 ... 11. There may be multiple good reasons considering that it is a equation editor that Windows my be forced to complete the display coding. It does apply to lot more than the dotted lines and is so natural and mechanical .

Selecting regions by dragging over and selecting region by [Shift] clicklclcikclick ... have different effect in the clipboard. It's logical to me going back to square one some command is needed, isn't to you ?

Not clear at all to me. Windows programs are supposed to clean up after themselves. Mathcad knows exactly what is in its display window at all times; if it knows after a ^R, it should have known before the ^R. There are no other Windows programs that require so much refreshing, if at all, including Visio, Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.

TTFN

Announcements

Top Tags