cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

loop and link

AM_10463246
4-Participant

loop and link

Hi, newbie here.

As now, in midst preparing the power cable ampacity calculation, somehow, required loop calculation process at the end section. Here it goes.

1) Assume the θsc (pic 1)

2) Then several calculation in the middle to get the ampacity value. (pic 2)

3) Once current (I) value obtained, the θsc required to be calculated as per red mark above. 

4) When θsc calculated, it required to be linked and to be used as input in item (1) above (and so on until) the θsc in item 1 and item 2 comes with 0 difference.

5) Calculation sheet as attached.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, there are four calculations which depend on thetasc and you have to turn these into functons of thetasc.

Then you can use either a solve block or the "root" function to do the iterations for you:

Werner_E_0-1666623450120.png

Hope that the attached sheet helps.

Remarks:

The root function can also be used without providing a range (I used 9°C to 90°C) but using a guess value:

Werner_E_1-1666623815955.png

And her for completeness sake how to do it using a solve block

Werner_E_2-1666623869365.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:AM_10463246)

I think you are missing a term 'v', to be multiplied with each of the two T4 in your formula for I.

In order for an iteration you have to make clear which items depend on I and on theta_sc,

Success!
Luc

AM_10463246
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Hi,

Already checked and the formula seem correct.

I tried through Xcel sheet, seem good since will automatically recalculate by loop/iteration.

Any idea for automated iteration setting instead of manual way in mathcad?

Here how it shall work... (some idea for you).

Red circle - guess/assumed value.

Then calculation process will use the red circle value to compute all the formula till green circle value obtained.

Then, green value shall be used in red circle for next round of computation until the red and green value difference approach zero.

Hope to hear from you soon.

AM_10463246_0-1666613319960.png

OK, there are four calculations which depend on thetasc and you have to turn these into functons of thetasc.

Then you can use either a solve block or the "root" function to do the iterations for you:

Werner_E_0-1666623450120.png

Hope that the attached sheet helps.

Remarks:

The root function can also be used without providing a range (I used 9°C to 90°C) but using a guess value:

Werner_E_1-1666623815955.png

And her for completeness sake how to do it using a solve block

Werner_E_2-1666623869365.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:AM_10463246)

Copy and paste green value to red at same bottom line.

image.png

Please specify which version of Mathcad Prime your worksheet file is for.

The worksheet says its for P 8.0.0.0

Top Tags