cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe doesn't open

MR_9050750
2-Guest

pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe doesn't open

I'm trying to install Mathcad Express by opening the installation file pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe that I downloaded from the ptc website, but this doesn't work. What should I do to make it work?
6 REPLIES 6
maggen
5-Regular Member
(To:MR_9050750)

i'm not sure you are experiencing the same problem i had, mine was that i started unpacking pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe and then nothing further happened. if this is what is happening to you, it might be because your windows is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled.

Thank you for your suggestion maggen, but I'm sure that my windows saystem is working correctly. I have not experienced any issues with Windows when using any other application. I really suspect that the reason for the installation file not working is some other than my windows being corrupted.

BR

Markus

@MR_9050750 wrote:
I'm trying to install Mathcad Express by opening the installation file pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe that I downloaded from the ptc website, but this doesn't work. What should I do to make it work?

Hi,

please can you describe how did you download installer package? And also can you provide download link? I would like to test your problem on my PC.

Martin Hanák
rpathare
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi @MR_9050750,

Please try using a different web browser (EDIT)

Thanks,

Rohit

Hi rohtip,

I have tried downloading the installation file with both Microsoft Edge and Chrome, bot it makes no difference. I have no trouble downloading the installation file, but the problem is when I try to run the file, it just says extracting, and then nothing else happens. I suspect it has to do with how I run the installation-file or that it somehow crashes when it's trying to install Mathcad Express.

/Markus

I have no idea why @rpathare suggested using a different kind of browser as you obviously already downloaded the installer successfully. But maybe he knows more than he is telling us.

If there are browser specific problems with PTCs website, you might be interested to hear that Edge and Chrome both are based on the chromium engine (the majority of browsers are). A browser not based on Chromium is Firefox, but I have no idea why a file downloaded with FF should work OK and te same file downloaded with Chrome would fail.

We had a lot of complaints here in the forum the last weeks about install problems with Prime. One of them looks similar to yours and the poster was able to get it to run. Maybe this thread can be of help to you:
https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/PTC-MathCAD-6-0-installer-not-working/m-p/653000/highlight/true#M189031

Top Tags