cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

plotting 3d experimental data

ptc-4963757
1-Newbie

plotting 3d experimental data

I'm fairly new to mathcad, but few hours of attemts did not yield any positive results.
Thing i'm tryin to do, is plotting Voltage fluctuation spectral density against frequency And temperature.

So it would be x - freq, y - temp, and z - voltage.

Problem arises as 1) theese values are distributed non-uniformly.

2) i could really use log scale on x axis.

Typical matrix or 3 vectors view cant really help, because my axis are plotted as integers.

I also had an idea of plotting several x,z curves with changing y parameter, but mathcad does not allow it.

Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does the attached help? Basically, you create 2 conformable matrices with your frequency and temperature data (one vector being replicated across the columns and the other down the rows) then plot the 3 resulting matrices using parentheses to group them together.

Stuart

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Does the attached help? Basically, you create 2 conformable matrices with your frequency and temperature data (one vector being replicated across the columns and the other down the rows) then plot the 3 resulting matrices using parentheses to group them together.

Stuart

Thats amazing, i am yet to grasp the mechanics of it, but thats exactly what i needed.
I appreciate it

Yet another approach

plot3d.png

Top Tags