cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

plotting a function

mark_neil2
1-Newbie

plotting a function

Hi,

I have a question regarding usage of MC11. Please see the attached file. I have 2x2 matrix which contains functions of time t. I want to plot the functions of the matrix a. I tried it on the element (0,0). If I put the fucntion in on the plot as a00, then it doesn't plot it. If I assign it to a function b(t), it still doesn't plot it. I have copy the function and assign it c(t) for it to plot it. I don't want to manually copy and paste the function to get it plotted. Is there a way to plot a function in matrix a directly on a graph without copying the function and assigning it to another function? Thanks.

Mark.

9 REPLIES 9

Your syntax is a bit off. When you define a function, most of the time you need the argument as well. "a(t)" not just"a".

Thanks.

I didn't show where function matrix a comes form. It is solution of an inverse laplace transform. I have included that section in the attached file. The difficulty is I cannot assign the result of inverse laplace to a function as a(t), but only as "a"...

Mark.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mark_neil2)

Add one more step

Richard,

Thanks for your reply. But it doesn't work in MC11. I have attached the output of MC11 version here. Does your suggestion work on some other version of Mathcad?

Mark.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

For me it works in both 11 and 13 (but not 15). If you click on tjhe graph, what's the error message?

Also, which version of 11 are you running?

I use version 11.0a. The error message on the graph that plots "a(t)00" is "This is not a scalar. Press F1 for help.".

Mark.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Download the service release for 11.2a and install it. It is a significant improvement over 11.1, let alone 11.0.

Do you have the link for it?

Mark.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Try this:

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm

Make sure you download the correct one (either Enterprise or Single User). Also note that there are separate downloads for the program and the documentation.

Top Tags