cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

problem editing variable subscripts in MC Prime 2.0

ddenholm
6-Contributor

problem editing variable subscripts in MC Prime 2.0

One thing that I find very frustrating in MC Prime 2.0 (compared to MC 15) is what happens when I try and revise a variable subscript...

In MC 15 one created a variable subscript by hitting the period key and then typing the text in the subscript.

In MCP 2.0, one creates a variable subscript by typing in the variable name and then clicking ctl-minus (or dash, whatever) and then typing in the subscript text.

The irritating thing is that if I mistype the subscript in MCP 2.0 and then backspace over the text I want replace... When I type the new subscript text it isn't typed as a subscript, it is typed as full size characters. So the only way to fix the subscript is back space over the entire subscript, click ctl-minus and start over. This was not the case in MC 15 where I could backspace and correct subscript text without starting over. [Hopefully that statement of the problem is understandable ]

--Doug

4 REPLIES 4

After backspacing to where you want, move the cursor one character to the left and then back to the right and keep on typing your subscript. Alternatively you may press ctrl-minus again after backspacing. Ctrl-Minus acts as a toogle and you can mix multiple subs with normal height character in one variable name (for whatever that should be worth). So in any case it not necessary that you delete and retype the whole subscript.

But I agree, that this behaviour is annyoing.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

Ctrl-Minus acts as a toogle and you can mix multiple subs with normal height character in one variable name (for whatever that should be worth).

This is deliberate, to allow more flexibility in variable naming. Especially, think of a chemical formula.

But I agree, that this behaviour is annyoing.

I think this must be a bug. IMHO, backspacing should not toggle the subscript mode.

I use chemical variables on my Mathcad server but must save sheets as Mathcad 11

see please one example

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MCS/Worksheets/Chem/pH-CO2-water.mcd

This is deliberate, to allow more flexibility in variable naming. Especially, think of a chemical formula.

You are right, I didn't consider that. So its a bonus.

I think this must be a bug. IMHO, backspacing should not toggle the subscript mode.

I second that

Top Tags