cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

programming tutorial task 3-1 for prime 3.1

ruddin
1-Newbie

programming tutorial task 3-1 for prime 3.1

I have a very basic question. the for loop example in programming tutorial task 3-1 for prime 3.1 does not work as stated. What is wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:Werner_E)

I agree we need more info.

A possible common error is using literal subscripts (Ctrl+-) instead of a matrix index ([).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
vlehner
13-Aquamarine
(To:ruddin)

Hello Robert,

which example do you mean?

can you post a worksheet- my Help-Function does not work.

best regards

Volker

Volker

The German help is broken in my installation, too. I often don't see any pictures. Switching the language of the help to English cures that problem - c*r*a*p!. Looks and feels like a program written by a few unexperienced highschool youngsters.

Here is a picture of that page:

That is the correct task. I attached my worksheet showing the result I received. I am sure I am missing something very basic.

ruddin
1-Newbie
(To:vlehner)

Volker,

my worksheet is attached in my previous reply. I typed in i as a subscript. That is what caused the problem. I should have selected subscript, then the [ key then typed the i on vec variable. The example is the one posted by Werner E.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

We don't see what you have done and you don't explain in which respect that program does "not work as stated". So we can hardly explain whats wrong.

Maybe you changed the value of ORIGIN from default 0 to 1 - this would make the program fail with an error.

Otherwise we would need more information and at best the worksheet you created as attachment.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:Werner_E)

I agree we need more info.

A possible common error is using literal subscripts (Ctrl+-) instead of a matrix index ([).

ruddin
1-Newbie
(To:MJG)

That is exactly what I did. Is there a manual for prime 3.1. There is a lot left unsaid in the tutorials.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

So far PTC hasn't put together a manual (like we used to have for Mathcad 11). But they do provide an installation guide, a list of keyboard short-cuts and a migration guide (apart from a brochure and a what's new document. All very handy if you experienced in Mathcad.

I'm afraid Prime software has to mature a lot further before someone will (be willing to) write a book about it.

Luc

Luc,

Thank you for your response.

Robert

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You mean Help Center? Link: PTC

Top Tags