cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

solve/Find() with diffent cosntant

JBlackhole
16-Pearl

solve/Find() with diffent cosntant

To all

I am sure I have seen queries about a similar problem but cannot find anything. I am looking at solving a set of 2 linear equations, see attached, using the Find() option, but I want to do it a number of time as I want to change some of the cosntant.

Thanks

JXB

10 REPLIES 10

Create a function of the constant (variable) you want to change

Further to Fred's example, a vector of values can be passed once solve block is passed as a function.

Mike

Thanks to Fred and Mike for the solutions. I am now half-way of implementing, see snapshot attached, what I am after. Will need to vectorize each function so that I can implement a neater solution and plot them next to each other and not on top of each other (ie graph for step 2 start at the end of step 1, etc)

Regards

JXB

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JBlackhole)

Can you please post the Mathcad worksheet, clearly indicating what you want.

Mike

Mike,

will do so as soon as I have a/ clean the worksheet b/ I have go the time as I am developing this worksheet on the side ie when I have go the time as real work as to take priority.

Thanks

JXB

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

ie when I have go the time as real work as to take priority.

Thanks

JXB

Yes, that thing called work always gets in the way of fun

Mike

Mike

here it is 1st pass. not pretty but seems to work OK. I am ignoring units at the moment

JXB

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I'm a little lost. What are you trying to do now The worksheet seems ok, to me anyway.

Mike

Mike

Well it does something!! I just posted it for "completness" really. I guess I'll close the query

JXB

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Well it does something!! I just posted it for "completness" really. I guess I'll close the query

As long as you have your answer.

Mike

Top Tags