cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

symbolic factor

rdliquid
9-Granite

symbolic factor

How to factor out the similar powers terms in Mathcad 6.0? Please see attached for a better explanation

Thanks a lot for the helps

rdliquid

4 REPLIES 4

The possibilities to influence the type of output of a symbolic transformation are unfortunately very limited.
I am afraid that you will not be able to achieve the type of representation you want.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rdliquid)

You may want to try the symbolic keyword collect, if that still exists in Prime 6. Example:

LucMeekes_1-1599030671222.png

And to get the coefficients of all powers of s in vector form, try coeffs.

LucMeekes_0-1599030985112.png

Success!

Luc

Unfortunately using the original "G" from the provided sheet, both "collect" and "coeffs" return expressions too large to display.

At least with "coeffs" a workaround could be to assign the result to a variable and evaluate the elements of the vector singly:

Werner_E_0-1599034395638.png

Hi Luc,

Thanks for the helps. Looks like your version of Mathcad did it. It is able to factor out the terms. As Werner mentioned, using Collect and Coeffs in Mathcad 6.0 results in the expressions that are too high entropy and it is hard to understand what it means. Please see attached

What Mathcad version are you using Luc?

I am checking with Mathcad support on this and hope they have a solution. 

The attachment is just a simple expression right now. My actual equation is much more complicate and it would be a nightmare if I have to do it manually

Thanks for all the helps

Dat N

Top Tags