cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

transform mathcad worksheets to application

mjalali-2
1-Newbie

transform mathcad worksheets to application

Hi

can I transform mathcad worksheets to application(.exe)?

5 REPLIES 5
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:mjalali-2)

mehdi jalali wrote:

Hi

can I transform mathcad worksheets to application(.exe)?

In principle, yes. As far as I'm aware,  Mathcad 15 converts a worksheet into something called the Mathcad Programming Language, which, looking at it, is a functional programming language similar to Haskell, and as there are translators for such languages, it should be possible to develop one for Mathcad.

However, in practice, the answer to your question is a resounding NO (unless you want to write your own!).

Stuart

Do you know any one done this programming?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

mehdi jalali wrote:

Do you know any one done this programming?

Unfortunately, no.

When Mathsoft (Mathcad's original developers) first announced the use of MPL (Mathcad Programming Language), I dropped my normal British reserve and got quite excited about the possibilities of using MPL directly to add functionality and even have it as a scripting language.   However, despite several requests nothing ever became of further publicizing MPL, which is a shame as it would have given Mathcad a good deal more flexibility (eg, typed data, monads, proper handling of tail recursion, pattern matching ...). 

I don't even know whether Prime uses MPL ... I can't see an mpl folder in the Prime file structure, although the prolog and lisp folders are still there; there are some dlls starting with mpl, though.

Stuart

I saw water steam pro application,I think this app writen as th same way you say.

please see www.wsp.ru

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

it's not created that way. What you want to do has come up many times in the past, and there is no solution.

Top Tags