cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

0% Performance at times

hhidayat
4-Participant

0% Performance at times

How does the calculation being made for performance ? I tweak the tags , KEP simulator, but still get 0% sometimes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The following provides how default calculations are done. However it can be overridden using custom code.

First Statuses needs to be configured using Kepware tags properly i.e. Running, Planned downtime, Unplanned Downtime, etc.

Then Availability is calculated using the following formula

Availability = Run Time / Planned Production Time

Run Time = Warning Rime + Running Time

Planned Production Time = Run Time + Unplanned Down Time + Unavailable time

Similarly Quality is calculated using Quality = Good Count / Total Count. In cases where Quality data is maintained in external system other than Kepware, we should able to use customization service to override and implement custom behavior.

Performance = (Total Count / Run Time) / Ideal Run Rate

- Ideal Run Rate is how many parts can be produced per minute. However discrete manufacturers may be interested how many parts produced per hour or shift or day or week depending on persona and their business. It also depends on what product is made. Typically it depends on machine and product. These value can be set manually or using script on the asset.

OEE = Availability X Quality X Performance

There are custom services available to override the behavior of Availability, Quality, Performance and OEE.

In your specific case, It was not clear whether you are seeing all the metrics as zero or just some. Apparently, it is configuration issue. You may want to follow this workshophttps://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started to get better understanding. It comes with sample data and simulator.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The following provides how default calculations are done. However it can be overridden using custom code.

First Statuses needs to be configured using Kepware tags properly i.e. Running, Planned downtime, Unplanned Downtime, etc.

Then Availability is calculated using the following formula

Availability = Run Time / Planned Production Time

Run Time = Warning Rime + Running Time

Planned Production Time = Run Time + Unplanned Down Time + Unavailable time

Similarly Quality is calculated using Quality = Good Count / Total Count. In cases where Quality data is maintained in external system other than Kepware, we should able to use customization service to override and implement custom behavior.

Performance = (Total Count / Run Time) / Ideal Run Rate

- Ideal Run Rate is how many parts can be produced per minute. However discrete manufacturers may be interested how many parts produced per hour or shift or day or week depending on persona and their business. It also depends on what product is made. Typically it depends on machine and product. These value can be set manually or using script on the asset.

OEE = Availability X Quality X Performance

There are custom services available to override the behavior of Availability, Quality, Performance and OEE.

In your specific case, It was not clear whether you are seeing all the metrics as zero or just some. Apparently, it is configuration issue. You may want to follow this workshophttps://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started to get better understanding. It comes with sample data and simulator.

Greetings @vranganathan

I have the same Problem with @hhidayat

The Calculation is okay. It's described in Help. The Problem is the Outcome from Production Advisor is completely wrong, in my case.

For Example :

Sometimes it gives me 0% for Quality eventhough GoodCount = 655 and TotalCount = 665

Sometimes it gives me 100%.

I used KPI = 5 minutes and now I am using KPI = 1 minute. It makes no difference.

I had double checked in KepServer - QuickClient. The Values are actual.

Is There Any Issue?

What do you mean with " In cases where Quality data is maintained in external system other than Kepware, we should able to use customization service to override and implement custom behavior."

How to do that?

Please your Help and maybe Anyone who read this Thread..

Thanks in Advance.

JD_8670943
4-Participant
(To:nasarani)

HI,

You can try by setting the calculation time in MFG Apps greater than Kepware simulation interval. For example if the values are changing every 1 minute in Kepware, then keep the KPI Calculation Period of the asset / line as 2 minutes.

Regards,

Top Tags