cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Difference between Asset Advisor app for manufacturing and Asset Advisor for service

rad1
9-Granite

Difference between Asset Advisor app for manufacturing and Asset Advisor for service

Both of these products can work with KEPServerEX, but it seems that ThingWorx Asset Advisor for service is advertized as separate from

ThingWorx Asset Advisor app for manufacturing.

What is exactly difference and where to find videos/screenshots of these differences?

This is what I understand so far:

ThingWorx Asset Advisor app for manufacturing - belongs to Smart Connected Operations licensing and one can obtain it via:

PTC Smart Connected Applications | Release APPs | ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Extension

ThingWorx Asset Advisor for service - belongs to Smart Connected Products licensing and one can obtain it via:

PTC Smart Connected Applications | Release APPs | Asset Advisor for Service Extension

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rad1)

Hi Rad.

Asset Advisor for Services and Asset Advisor for Manufacturing are 2 distinct apps, though they do share many common components.  The grouping hierarchy in Asset Advisor for Manufacturing is Sites (Factories) and Lines (Lines within those Factories).  In Asset Advisor for Service, the grouping hierarchy is Groups and Customers.  Note that Production Advisor is also not applicable for Asset Advisor for Service.

At this point in time these 2 apps should NOT be installed on the same ThingWorx instance due to incompatibilities between the 2 products.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Asset Advisor for Services provide support Software Content Management and Remote Connection. It also have different Thing Hierarchy Model as I understand. The apps are designed based on user persona.

It also has lot of common components as well such as common widgets, services related to Kepware connection, etc.

Thanks,

Varathan

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi Rad.

Asset Advisor for Services and Asset Advisor for Manufacturing are 2 distinct apps, though they do share many common components.  The grouping hierarchy in Asset Advisor for Manufacturing is Sites (Factories) and Lines (Lines within those Factories).  In Asset Advisor for Service, the grouping hierarchy is Groups and Customers.  Note that Production Advisor is also not applicable for Asset Advisor for Service.

At this point in time these 2 apps should NOT be installed on the same ThingWorx instance due to incompatibilities between the 2 products.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

rad1
9-Granite
(To:slangley)

Thanks Sharon/Varathan,

Since this is a new product (no developers did any posts about it, I guess I am the first one to discuss this product), where to find videos/articles about  Asset Advisor for Services GUI?

Since my company already purchased Thingworx licenses, with SCP not included, will this just be added to existing license as this is just an OOTB application or it is a separate license which needs to be puchased. Can you inform me about the purchase price?

Show All ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps are extensively covered in these videos:

https://learningconnector.ptc.com/products/thingworx-apps/manufacturing-apps?locale=en&contentLocale=en&includeEnglish=false&version=latest

Is PTC in the process of makeing equivalent videos for Asset Advisor for Services?

If I can at least see a few screenshots of it so I can see the difference.

Thanks,

Rad

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi Rad.

In regard to licensing/pricing, someone from PTC will reach out to you privately to discuss.

Videos for Asset Advisor (Service Apps) are in the works.  Once they are available, we will post an announcement on this site to advise.

rad1
9-Granite
(To:slangley)

Thanks Sharon

Top Tags