cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to include a remoteDatabase thing to Asset Adviosr equip list?

szuo-2
6-Contributor

How to include a remoteDatabase thing to Asset Adviosr equip list?

How to include a remoteDatabase thing to  Asset Adviosr equip list?

How to put a RemoteDatebase Thing , to be showed in the equipment lists in Asset Advisor, Production Advisor?

The background is, the remote thing is an equipment with Microsoft Access Database, and we can get all necessary OEE parameters from it easily.

I have tried Kepware to connect to the access database , but it has a lot of issues on SQL query and datetime calculation logic. ------> Kepware is not OK here.

so I established a RemoteDatebase thing, resp this equipment ,based on Thingworx EMS ADO services solution. And finally I can get the properties of the equipment in Composer.-----> OK to get properties with EMS solution.

However, the only issue now is,  I can't get this equipment showed in the Asset Advisor, Production Advisor, because it is based on the RemoteDatebase ThingTemplate(not PTC.ISA95.PhysicalAssetThingTemplate)...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @szuo-2,

You could implement same ThingShapes that are on the PTC.ISA95.PhysicalAssetThingTemplate .

This would also give you fine grained control over what data you want on the Remote database.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @szuo-2,

You could implement same ThingShapes that are on the PTC.ISA95.PhysicalAssetThingTemplate .

This would also give you fine grained control over what data you want on the Remote database.

Thanks,

Himanshu

szuo-2
6-Contributor
(To:hchanana)

Thank you.

Is this solution Thingworx version based? The Thingworx MFG APP version I used is 8.1.x. I have tried a customized remote database template, with all PTC.ISA95.PhysicalAssetThingTemplate Thingshape, however,  I didn't get the expected new asset type in the drop down list when I create the asset in MFG APP's Administration page...

Now my solution is, i create two things for this approach: One is created based on remoteDatabase template, one is created by MFG APP(based on PTC.ISA95.PhysicalAssetThingTemplate) .And then I bind the properties of them... it seems a solution, but maybe not a good option .

szuo-2
6-Contributor
(To:hchanana)

I have checked Thingworx version 8.3 MFG APP, yes, it is OK of this solution to recover this issue (as attached). So, Thank you..... It is a pity that 8.1.x  Thingworx version seems not work. 

However, in Thingworx version 8.3 , I have new issue when add a monitoring curve based on the property, it seems only Kepware tag supported.  (as attached), soI can't monitor the properties from the remoteDatabase thing (Generated from the subscription based on SQL query).

Is it possible to be recoverred? Thank you. 

Hi @szuo-2,

The feature of binding Tag to an existing Entity property or inherited property on the asset from its template is already requested as an enhancement feature.

This feature will be made available in ThingWorx Mfg Apps 8.4 version.

Thanks,

Himanshu

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Top Tags