cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

KPI values not shown on Production Advisor

ttosun
1-Newbie

KPI values not shown on Production Advisor

Hello,

I have made a few configurations on Mfg Apps. But I'm not able to see the Quality and Performance values even though Availability and OEE calculations are shown well. It used to work properly before. Have any other person encountered with this also?

My production advisor screen:

Asset1 performance metrics: quality and performace are coming from KEPServerEX tags.

Quality and Performance values can be changed on KEPServerEX:

My Mfg Apps version:

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings @ttosun,

A quick update on this issue. An SPR was filed with R&D for the Production Advisor OEE calculations/display problem you reported. A fix for this has been implemented into the upcoming release of the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps (8.2), scheduled for release 21 Feb.

Best regards,

Steven M

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Greetings Tahsin,

The Production Advisor OEE Calculations are updated every 60 minutes, so you should see an update if you wait until the next scheduled run of the calculations. If you look at the timestamp column for the OEE updates, (far right on the Production Advisor screen), you can see when the last update occurred.

Besides this, I am wondering if the use of a comma instead of a period for the floating point decimal point is causing an issue here. I am testing this out here. Please let me know what you find out with the suggestion above, and I will get back to you about my test.

Best regards,

Steven M

Greetings Steven,

I know the OEE Calculation is in every 60 minutes by default. That's why I changed it to every 1 minute , so I can see the effects of change in values in a minute. (I do not know if this rate may lead any fault.)

It also came to my mind that it may be related with comma but I cannot use dot instead of comma on Quick Client with KEPServerEX.

By the way when I look into the Asset info on Production Advisor, I can see the 0.88 and 0.99 values on "KPI Trends". Only the main Advisor screen shows them as 0%.

Thanks.

Hi,

What is your ideal run rate? If you don't make any part in that one minute, you will see zero for Quality and Performance. You can change it to five minutes and try.

Hello Varathan,

I've changed the KPI Calcuation period to 10 minutes, however the result did not chaned. When I check the asset details, I can see that the quality and performance is not actually 0 on KPI Trends.

I can satisfy the config export if it is desired to check deeply.

Thanks.

I am guessing quality value is not updating. Can you check whether your current and previous counts are updating? BTW, have you customized the calculation? if so how did you do that?

Thanks,

Varathan

Greetings Tahsin,

I think am able to reproduce this problem. Thank you for taking the time to explain this to us.

What I am seeing is when the Quality value is being populated from a Tag (rather than using the default calculation method of [Good Count] / [Total Count]), and value is less than 1, the Quality and Performance values are displaying as zero in Production Advisor. However, the values are still being factored into the OEE calculation that is displayed.

This can be observed in your original screenshots of Production Advisor:

OEE: 87%

Availability: 100%

Quality: 0%

Performance: 0%

According to the QuickClient screenshot, the Performance value should be 0.88, and the Quality should be 0.99.

Remembering, OEE = [Availability] x [Quality] x [Performance]

We can see how 0.87 was calculated: [1.0] x [0.99] x [0.88] = 0.87

This tells us the calculations are still being performed for the expected values.

We will need to investigate some more. I will follow up soon with you and this forum thread with an update.

Best regards,

Steven M

Greetings Tahsin,

Quick update on this. A Software Performance Report (SPR) is being filed for this issue. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

I will contact you outside of the Community with details about the SPR, and will post an update to this thread once this is resolved.

Best regards,

Steven M

Hello Steven,

Very pleased to here that, I will be waiting the update. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Tahsin

Greetings @ttosun,

A quick update on this issue. An SPR was filed with R&D for the Production Advisor OEE calculations/display problem you reported. A fix for this has been implemented into the upcoming release of the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps (8.2), scheduled for release 21 Feb.

Best regards,

Steven M

Hi Tahsin.

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.2 was released yesterday and can be downloaded from PTC Support:

Support.PNGPlease refer to the product announcement for more information.

The express/developer versions (freemium editions) are available on the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Portal

Top Tags