cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Large Log Files

hhidayat
4-Participant

Large Log Files

Hi,

I noticed the PTC Servlet engine in Manufacturing Apps contains large log files (see attached picture). 

What are these files and why are they created?
Can these files be deleted and how do we manage them in automatic manner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:hhidayat)

Those files do seem to be rather large.  I would suggest checking the contents for clues as to why they are growing so large.  You might also need to check your logging level especially if you are running multiple apps under Tomcat.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine

Greetings Hidayat,

These large log files are tomcat server logs . These are created to capture the applications running on tomcat server . In this case it is ThingWorx.

To delete these files , you can write some batch script which will delete the logs created for past dates/months as per your need.

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

slangley
23-Emerald II

Those files do seem to be rather large.  I would suggest checking the contents for clues as to why they are growing so large.  You might also need to check your logging level especially if you are running multiple apps under Tomcat.

Greetings @hhidayat

Following up with you on the original question posted here, if either of the responses given answered this, please mark the appropriate post with "Accept as Solution" for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Or, if you are still unresolved on this issue, let us know and we can continue troubleshooting this with you.

Best regards,
Steven M

Top Tags