cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Possible bug connecting KEPServerEX to Thingworx using localhost as server name!!

suryanibbi
2-Guest

Possible bug connecting KEPServerEX to Thingworx using localhost as server name!!

Just downloaded Thingworx demo and KEPServerEX 6.6

When I tried to connect KepServerEX, I got the following error:

"ThingWorx Native Interface Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform = <servername>:<server port>/Thingworx/WS, error = unknown error."

In summary, I think the issue was that you can not use the name "localhost" for your server name.

I checked that I had correctly setup all my ThingWorx items in Property Editor (Enabled, host name, port, application key, etc.)  However, I kept having problems.  I thought the problem was the application key, so i entered a bad application key and I got a different error (authentication error).  I tried changing the socket from 9080 to the example's 8080 and got a socket error.

After going into the thingworx controls advisor and deleting the server and then adding a new server called "TestServer" instead of "localhost", it now works.

I'm writing this post in hope that either someone experiencing the same issue finds this useful, or that someone from thingworx comes across this post and is able to test if it is indeed an issue using the name "localhost" and then takes the appropriate action.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @suryanibbi ,

Thanks for the details information.

Can you please provide the screenshot of your ThingWorx Properties from KepServer Configuration.

We will validate the information provided at our end and if required, we will report it to Project Management team for further review.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags