cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

how to install Manufacturing App with SQL Server database instead of Postgres

ras
10-Marble
10-Marble

how to install Manufacturing App with SQL Server database instead of Postgres

Hi,

Greetings!

I want to install Manufacturing App with SQL Server database instead of Postgres database. Is this possible? If yes then how to do that? I have searched for the document for the same but no success. Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:ras)

Greetings @ras,

If you are using trial version installer for installing manufacturing apps, then PostgreSQL is the only database supported  and is installed and configured as part of the installation.

If you are a licensed user, then you need to install ThingWorx Platform with MS SQL Server and import the manufacturing apps extensions over it. This way you can achieve your requirement.

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hchanana
16-Pearl

Greetings @ras,

If you are using trial version installer for installing manufacturing apps, then PostgreSQL is the only database supported  and is installed and configured as part of the installation.

If you are a licensed user, then you need to install ThingWorx Platform with MS SQL Server and import the manufacturing apps extensions over it. This way you can achieve your requirement.

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

ras
10-Marble
10-Marble
(To:hchanana)

Thanks, @hchanana for your solution. Could you please provide the document links for the same, it will be a great help for me.

Thanks

hchanana
16-Pearl

Hi @ras,

You can find the documentation at the link https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp

Please select the required Product and version to filter out the documentation.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags