cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

tree widget sub child display

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

tree widget sub child display

Hi,

We are trying to reproduce the browsing of kepware tags in runtime. We are trying to bind the script we wrote to tree widget to bring the exact structure. But since all the last child name ( Alarmstate_x) of different parent are same, the sub child of Alarmstate_x (Alarmstate_x0 to Alarmstate_x4) are repeatedly binded to one child instead of spliting them. I have attached the script and screenshot of the scenario we are trying to produce. Please help us on what we are missing.

Thanks,

svisveswaraiya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@svisveswaraiya 

Hello !

I checked the screen shoot attached . There i found "Alarmstate_x"  has two parents . 
One is "Source_OEM_L1_Alarm_Map_00" and another one is "Source_OEM_L1_Alarm_Map_01" . 
This is voilating the basic Tree defination . Which says "a parent node can have multiple child nodes but a child can not have multiple parents.

Because of this the data is getting displayed in a wrong way in the tree grid. 

Thanks

Gunjan Aneja

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@svisveswaraiya 

Hello !

I checked the screen shoot attached . There i found "Alarmstate_x"  has two parents . 
One is "Source_OEM_L1_Alarm_Map_00" and another one is "Source_OEM_L1_Alarm_Map_01" . 
This is voilating the basic Tree defination . Which says "a parent node can have multiple child nodes but a child can not have multiple parents.

Because of this the data is getting displayed in a wrong way in the tree grid. 

Thanks

Gunjan Aneja

Hi @svisveswaraiya.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for participating in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags