cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Modeling Express license server

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Modeling Express license server

Good morning everyone,

the web page providing license keys is off once again.

I wrote to postmaster, do not hope to get answers, but put myself on hold, waiting for it to run.

Should any admin read this, please let know and make the service enhanced.

Thank you

Marco

14 REPLIES 14
NP_9920158
4-Participant
(To:mcielok)

Hello everybody.

Same problem like Marco, I'm quite new in the PTC Community, but I work every day with Modeling.

I'm stuck with my activities due this licence server problem.

Please fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Nicola

PS: Searching in the web I have seen that this problem is affecting the community of Modeling User's since 2015 (from time to time there was this licence server's problem. Is it the best way to provide a free software. Would not be better to let user download once a package that works standalone?) 

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:NP_9920158)

Ciao Nicola,

PTC does not give any sign of reading our posts.

We might quote the page https://www.ptc.com/en/products/creo/elements-direct/modeling-express, that makes think that anyone could base their job upon Express ("perfect for engineers who need a fast, lightweight, and flexible direct 3D CAD system", "Companies needing more 3D design power can easily upgrade" - therefore Companies NOT needing more, should be able to work with Express), but, despite of evidence, I do not expect answers.

It doesn't matter how much we can rail against PTC (and, user TH_3244966, I think it is always good to sign your name🙂😞 they keep on behaving in this sovietic way, with contradictory, unilateral, unjustified decision and no attention to users and workers.

And I am still waiting for them to prove otherwise.

Marco

PH_6688760
4-Participant
(To:NP_9920158)

This still seems to be broken. 

Anyone having any luck getting the activation key for Modeling Express?

Can you please fix this PTC?

Why does FREE software need a **bleep** license anyways?  Never understood why PTC can't keep this server running, It's been a constant headache for 6 years now.

FIX IT!

I can't use my Element express 8.0 too...

Is there problem with the license server? Its down for afew days.

Keep getting error at the activation key.

Hi

This problem really happens often. However, it has not been without a solution for so long. 

I'm waiting for what will happen.

Hello !

This problem really happens often. However, it has not been without a solution for so long. 

I'm waiting for what will happen.
kabhonkar
5-Regular Member

We apologize for the inconvenience.  Our IT department is actively working on the Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express Licensing issue and we will let you know once the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your reply .

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:kabhonkar)

Thank you very much kabhonkar for appearing in the discussion.

Please take heed of the frequent discomforts!

Marco

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Hi, PTC is aware of the issue.   We apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow this thread we will update accordingly.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Creo-Elements-Direct-Modeling-Express-Licensing-Issue/m-p/731091#M105

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Thank you Jaime Lee.

Marco

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

You are welcome!  Truly sorry for the issues you experienced.

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

The web page for the Activation keys is reachable again, this morning.

Wish you good work!

Marco

Top Tags