Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 7.0.0.0 student version error "License request failed for feature"

SOLVED
Participant

Creo 7.0.0.0 student version error "License request failed for feature"

Hello,

I am trying to install creo 7.0 for students. After installing i tried to open creo parametric but recieved this error:

ToonBorghijs_0-1606487472329.png

There is not a lot of information about what is wrong with the license.

I used this link for download:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/academic-products/free-software/creo-college-download/thank...

Here I could open a .pdf and found this license code: BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI

Then i used this in the installer and it created a license (name : BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat)

This file is uploaded with the post.

Since this didn't work I also tried to use a license that was send to me by email.

(name sw_license_email_4990554.dat)

Both don't work. Then i have also tried to recieve a license via k12 students with similar results.

In the installer the codes are available but they don't work for creo parametric.

Can somebody please help?

ToonBorghijs_1-1606488423932.pngToonBorghijs_2-1606488482430.png

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Creo 7.0.0.0 student version error "License request failed for feature"

@ToonBorghijs wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to install creo 7.0 for students. After installing i tried to open creo parametric but recieved this error:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/academic-products/free-software/creo-college-download/thank...

Then i used this in the installer and it created a license (name : BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat)

Since this didn't work I also tried to use a license that was send to me by email.

Both don't work. Then i have also tried to recieve a license via k12 students with similar results.

In the installer the codes are available but they don't work for creo parametric.

Hi,

1.]

In Windows look for active network card associated with MAC address 5C-87-9C-A4-46-D8.

2.]

Edit <Creo_loadpoint>\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file - replace 2 original files with two following lines.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.txt
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student6 ()

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@ToonBorghijs wrote:

Hello,

Hi,

1.]

In Windows look for active network card associated with MAC address 5C-87-9C-A4-46-D8.

2.]

Edit <Creo_loadpoint>\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file - replace 2 original files with two following lines.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.txt
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student6 ()

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

please make it more clearer and in a simple way, I want to follow your procedure but couldn't understand , what do you want to say?

Announcements
Welcome to PTC Academic!