cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Idea for ModelCHECK disappeared

DomenicLaritz
16-Pearl

Idea for ModelCHECK disappeared

In the past there was an idea for ModelCHECK. Its link was https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/New-ModelCheck-Ideas/idi-p/470561. It contained several quite good suggestions for new checks.

But the idea is not available anymore?!

6 REPLIES 6

I think this was the text of the idea:  (from my email archives)

New ModelCheck Ideas

Below are a list of some of the items on our company checklist that are not covered by modelcheck. We would like to see some of these implemented. I know some have their own product idea, but I'm throwing everything in here:

No Weak Dimensions All Orphaned Dependencies Broken Features set to Read Only Any un-embedded datums or sketches should be named No 0 dimensions for scenarios where they could be constrained to coincident (in sketches, holes, datum planes, etc) Only Locked Dimensions, where applicable All dimensions should be named when used for relations or family tables All features should be named for family tables Sheetmetal flatpattern won't fail No nested family tables Patterns should be set to Identical, where possible, instead of General Remove unnecessary relation comments Any sheetmetal features not using the default sheetmetal parameters for bend radius, etc... First Assembly component that is externally referenced First Assembly component that is not using default or coincident with default datum planes Checking subcomponents in assembly for proper naming convention Checking subcomponents in assembly for proper parameters (windChill location, based on naming convention and release state) No Assembly Cuts Assembly not to be in Exploded View Assembly not to be in X-Section View Drawing/Annotation Notes to only be used from a certain list, where the notes contain more than one line Drawing General Views to not reference Geometry Model Name should be the same as File Name and Number (3 columns in WindChill) . I had to create a separate idea for this...

In addition:

Better Support for use-case scenarios where some instances of family tables are released and others still being worked on or tweaked from the generic's family table. How can we run modelcheck without flagging all instances as modified. Allow an option for ModelUpdate or Custom Checks to go to the ALL tab by default Allow mapkeys to work within browser pages and change the ModelCheck tab/buttons Allow condition file to incorporate more than 2 statements and include multiple AND/OR with parenthesis Allowing the condition file to see information about the drawing's model (parameters, model type, etc) Update HTML look to be similar to WindChill 10, like the current looks like WindChill 9 Have the condition file be able to not add parameters or add parameters based on certain situations (will help the family table scenario above - for generics) ModelUpdate run on other modes besides Interactive Check for Material Names that should NOT be using ModelCheck be run from within WindChill (like the View addon can create dxfs...) ASM_CREATE_VIEW ability to create ISO views - more complex views EXTRA_LAYERS - Allow for a list of layers to be in the layer tree, without forcing its creation, such that everything else can be deleted PRT_PARAM_MAP won't actually map if PRT_PARAMETER is also available for the same parameter STD_DRW_DTL_FILE based on model units OVERLAP_INFO - Support Geometry lines, not view border UNUSED_SHEETS to support formats MCREGEN_VERIFY_FT_INSTS for parts as well (see above about released instances) DIR_REPORT to be a separate location than the actual HTML files for the ModelCheck browser. Any non-local path will fail give an error when running modelcheck Move out as many config.init options to another location that can be modified while running Creo AND can be set with a condition.init MATERIAL_NAME support for subfolders in the material library. 9/5/17 - Allow ModelCheck reports to be added as an attachment to the CAD Document in WindChill automatically. 10/10/17 - Have the Circular reference error actually spell out what is wrong and what the loop is. At LEAST using the same words as the .crc file. We would appreciate better wording than the .crc. Currently it just lists the model, which is very confusing and doesn't help much. The Creo 4 notification window doesn't help much in this area as well. We need to move away from the .crc file to debug circular references. Modelcheck AND the noficiation window should be better used for this.

From Comments Below:

mlockwood-2‌ - ModelUpdate option on a per-check basis (buried features to not be deleted) especially since buried feature check is more wrong than right... (And Erased Views)

I'm sure there is more that I'll think of later. But this should be a good starting list

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DomenicLaritz)

It seems like it still exists but is locked behind some type of wall.  Maybe @Jaime_Lee can help figure out why...

New ModelCheck Ideas.PNG

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:TomU)

Hi, @TomU

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  Creo Ideas are under review.  I will have to address this after the content remapping is complete.  I have this issue bookmarked.

I still can't find the specific forum for ModelCheck.  I did a search for it and all the posts seem to be scattered in different forums.

Are we going to get this one back at some point?

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:STEVEG)

ModelCHECK is supposed to be under system administration, according to the descriptions under the main Creo Parametric page:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric/ct-p/creoparametric

Capture.JPG

If you're asking about the ideas page, I'm not sure.  It got moved somewhere while they sort out the new ideas page(s), but the link that @Jaime_Lee posted in the Community Refresh section (not open to all) was broken and she hasn't posted a corrected one yet.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:dgschaefer)

Found it.

It's under the PTC Work Groups.  It's listed as ModelCheck Working Group.  But you have to be accepted to it.

Top Tags