cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Bad mate in wide chassis

wrunck-2
1-Newbie

Bad mate in wide chassis

I think there is a problem with the Creo model set I downloaded from the PTC FIRST site. The toughbox on back side of AM14U Wide assembly is too low. Looks like output shaft is mated to lower bearing instead of upper. I pulled a fresh set down to make sure the problem was not something I did locally. Maybe this can be fixed before a lot of teams try to use the models.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:WRunck)

Thanks Walter. I have added AM-1121 to the assembly and it will be included in the pending update.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wrunck-2)

I'll take a look at that over the weekend. I seem to recall some issues with how that was regenerating last year.

WRunck
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

While you're looking around in there, there are also multiple fields where the term "toughbox" shows up as "touchbox". The FRC models are a terrific resouce; just trying help make them a little better.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Thanks! I am doing a lot of updates to the AM chassis this week. Anyone else have feeedback on the KOP from last year?

My goal is to get it Windchill ready and hopefully get them uploaded and ready to share in a Windchill Library so no one needs to worry about uploading the KOP this year.

Here's a couple of goals I have.

• Give all the models a proper PTC_COMMON_NAME & DESCRIPTION
  • Verify all the AM part numbers
  • Add all the mechanisms and gear pairs in the gearbox
  • Lots of other little cleanup issues like layers, relations, default views etc.

There's a conflict between the model and the AM14U assembly instructions (here).The model calls for mounting the TB Mini with AM-1120 screws which are 5/8 long and the instructions call for AM-1047 3/4 long screws. At least one of them is wrong, but I don't know which.

The key http://www.andymark.com/product-p/am-1121.htm in the CIM is not included in the model set. It is mentioned in step 15 of the assembly instructions.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Thanks Walter. I have added AM-1121 to the assembly and it will be included in the pending update.

wrunck-2
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thanks, that little key turned out to be a good lesson in creating a part within an assembly.

I'm happy to take a look at the KoP if you want a second set of eyes on it before release.

The chassis was pretty clean, but the other stuff had a lot of issues that interfered with upload/check in. Is that being redone as well?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wrunck-2)

Yes, once I have all the "feature" updates completed, the plan is to check it into Windchill and start building out the complete FRC and FTC KOP as library objects so people do not have to find the downloads, unzip and then upload into their own Windchill project.

It will also give PTC a way to push updates to anyone using the Windchill models vs. the manual method required today.

Top Tags