cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

CAD Library

skarlsruher
1-Newbie

CAD Library

When will 2012 KOP CAD Library be up? Got email that they are ready on www.ptc.com/go/firstkop but do not see them.

Also any way to "dump" the entire library into each Team's Windchill Project?

THX

Stu/Buzz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To "dump" the files, first download the zip file and extract to a folder.

Next, open up Creo, create a fresh workspace, and then select "Tools" and then "Import to Workspace". Browse to the folder you extracted for your KOP, and then select everything in there and then "Open".

This should bring everything in to your workspace.

Before checking in, I would "Upload" all files to verify they don't already exist in your Project.

Good luck,

Josh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes. No 2012 FRC yet.

You may contact with FIRST support: -

To "dump" the files, first download the zip file and extract to a folder.

Next, open up Creo, create a fresh workspace, and then select "Tools" and then "Import to Workspace". Browse to the folder you extracted for your KOP, and then select everything in there and then "Open".

This should bring everything in to your workspace.

Before checking in, I would "Upload" all files to verify they don't already exist in your Project.

Good luck,

Josh

Thanks. Josh.

Very aware (good) with that process as we have created a pretty good COTS library of parts already. With all KOP parts all in one directory level in the ZIP, it will be easy. If the parts had been at multiple levels, i.e. Greeen, Red, Black....Totes, it would be much more of a challenge. The "Upload first" is a new ckeck that I had not thought of.

Stu

You're welcome Stu!

This has been the best KOP from PTC yet!

Good luck!

Josh

KOP and FOP successfully checked in to our Project Site. THX All

Top Tags