cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 2.0 Install - Are there any tips or tricks to help with download problems?

pladuca
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Install - Are there any tips or tricks to help with download problems?

I have a student that is trying to install Creo 2.0 from the PTC down load site. I understand it is a large file. (4 GB I think....) The student had it run over night and most of another day and only got as far to 70% down load. They tried a 2nd time and it started from the beginning again and only got as far as 50% before stalling. Are there any tricks to restarting a down load where it left off... of otherwise breaking up the install to complete in sections? I did not get there internet speed... and can pursue getting that information. Do you have any sort of a table as to what should be expected for the down load time frames based on the down load speed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:pladuca)

PTC only offers an HTTP download for the software. If you are having trouble maintaining a connection, I would suggest using a download manager or getting a copy from a friend. There are plenty of good download managers out there, but I don't have any reccomendations.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:pladuca)

PTC only offers an HTTP download for the software. If you are having trouble maintaining a connection, I would suggest using a download manager or getting a copy from a friend. There are plenty of good download managers out there, but I don't have any reccomendations.

pladuca
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Understanding that a single successful software install down load can be used for multiple PC's is a big help. I was not understanding this was an option. This will solve this issue for us. Thanks.

Also note that real-time virus protection can cause download times to be much longer than normal. I have seen the download go as fast as 20 min for a some customers and 5 hours for others.

Top Tags