cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 2.0 student wont work

ptc-6666167
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 student wont work

I have follwed the instructions and been notified that the download was "successful" but when i go to start it, it comes up with an error box saying:

"creo 2.0 from PTC has stopped working"

"a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Ive tried installing/ uninstalling 3 times and im still getting this failure.

Im now falling behind in my class as I cant work from home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6666167)

Hi David,

There a few reasons why this would happen, I've listed them below...

1. You installed the software while some sort of security software was active. Many antivirus and spyware programs will incorrectly flag Creo as a threat. Reinstalling the software with antivirus or spyware disabled will fix this.
  2. There is a problem with your graphics driver. You can update your graphics driver and try to launch Creo again. If that doesn't work, you can try launching Creo with different graphics display options. Here is a guide: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/56357?tstart=30
  3. There is a problem with the install files that you are using. This one is relatively easy, just redownload the install files and try again.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues, or if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6666167)

Hi David,

There a few reasons why this would happen, I've listed them below...

1. You installed the software while some sort of security software was active. Many antivirus and spyware programs will incorrectly flag Creo as a threat. Reinstalling the software with antivirus or spyware disabled will fix this.
  2. There is a problem with your graphics driver. You can update your graphics driver and try to launch Creo again. If that doesn't work, you can try launching Creo with different graphics display options. Here is a guide: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/56357?tstart=30
  3. There is a problem with the install files that you are using. This one is relatively easy, just redownload the install files and try again.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues, or if you have any questions!

Top Tags