cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 4.0. Slowing entire PC

Mikulas
2-Guest

Creo 4.0. Slowing entire PC

Hi,

I installed creo 4.0. M080 Student license, some time ago (autumn 2019) and it worked perfectly. To day I wanted to work and creo gets suddenly extremely slow. The graphics is okay but  menus to open other parts or filling dimensions is incredibly slow rendering the program almost unusable, what´s worse it seems to be "infecting" my windows and suddenly my entire PC is slow as hell and I have to restart. Other programs run fine. I tried new graphics driver (two actually) neither made any difference.

My specs:

Win 10 

Asus Laptop UX310UQ

i5-6200U

GTX 940M

8gb ram

I have creo on standart HDD (due to lack of space on SSD) but it seems to be running ok

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Please make sure that you are using the graphical card and not the on-board one. It may happen mainly if the graphical card is used for something else or if the default one changed.

If this is not the case, you will need to  right-click on the Creo Parametric shortcut on the desktop and go to properties. Add space after the existing target path and then -g:win32_gdi. Click on apply and run the Creo.

Thanks,

Alex

@Mikulas wrote:

Hi,

I installed creo 4.0. M080 Student license, some time ago (autumn 2019) and it worked perfectly. To day I wanted to work and creo gets suddenly extremely slow. The graphics is okay but  menus to open other parts or filling dimensions is incredibly slow rendering the program almost unusable, what´s worse it seems to be "infecting" my windows and suddenly my entire PC is slow as hell and I have to restart. Other programs run fine. I tried new graphics driver (two actually) neither made any difference.

My specs:

Win 10 

Asus Laptop UX310UQ

i5-6200U

GTX 940M

8gb ram

I have creo on standart HDD (due to lack of space on SSD) but it seems to be running ok

Thank you

Hi,

please apply  -g:win32_gdi option temporarily. If Creo's response speeds up then the problem is related to graphic card drivers. I suggest you to install graphic card drivers release in autumn 2019 or earlier. Current drivers may not solve the problem.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

sorry for the delay in answer. It seems to be working now for some reason do not know why maybe the new gpu driver evethough it didn´t seems to be working maybe some windows update? 

Thank you for your answers anyway , should the problem re-occur I will try your advices... 

Top Tags