cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 6.0 Academic editions

Alex_Cazacu
17-Peridot

Creo 6.0 Academic editions

Hello all,

Creo 6.0 has been released for academic users (including Free Student edition and Free K12 Schools).

You can download and install it from: 

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/academic-products/free-software

Enjoy the new Creo 6.0!

7 REPLIES 7

Hello, I'm hoping you can help me with the Creo 6.0 student license. I've downloaded everything (from PTC Academic, same link you have in your email below, and created an account, etc), and I've gone through the student setup from the unzipped files, etc, and entered the code that was sent to my email a few days ago and followed the setup guide (entering my email and password, etc), and I'm still locked out. The software is downloaded, but I'm getting an error message popup window that says, "Licsense request failed", and "License does not support this version", etc. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Thank you

I've downloaded this software, but I'm getting an error message popup window that says, "License request failed",

@Chanducy3 wrote:
I've downloaded this software, but I'm getting an error message popup window that says, "License request failed",

Hi,

please attach a picture showing error message.

Martin Hanák

I've been having issues with both Creo Parametric 6.0 student edition constantly freezing for several minutes before crashing entirely. The program will run ok for about a day after installing (I've tried reinstalling a few times), but after that I'm lucky to get 5 minutes before the thing freezes. Restarting will usually fix it for a few minutes, but the problems will persist shortly after. Anyone else having issues? Its making completing assignments for a CAD course I'm taking especially problematic.

My system should be able to handle the software just fine, running a 2.8GHz i7 processor, 16 GB ram, and a GTX 1050 Ti, which I had assumed was sufficient.

Hello,

Right-click on the PTC Creo Parametric shortcut on the desktop and go to properties. Add space after the existing target path and then -g:win32_gdi. Click on apply and run the Creo. This will exclude any graphic card related issue.

Also check if the graphic card driver is updated.

Thanks,

Alex

Managed to run fine (for the most part) on the integrated graphics card, however after making the recommended path change listed above the graphics (lines and shading in a sketch, and shading on a part) have become buggy, resulting in improper color/shading rendering.

I have also had issues with the hidden line feature not working correctly in drawings, as well as being unable to erase said lines using the edge display feature. Attempts to erase simply change the color of the selected line.

@dpt170000 wrote:

I've been having issues with both Creo Parametric 6.0 student edition constantly freezing for several minutes before crashing entirely. The program will run ok for about a day after installing (I've tried reinstalling a few times), but after that I'm lucky to get 5 minutes before the thing freezes. Restarting will usually fix it for a few minutes, but the problems will persist shortly after. Anyone else having issues? Its making completing assignments for a CAD course I'm taking especially problematic.

My system should be able to handle the software just fine, running a 2.8GHz i7 processor, 16 GB ram, and a GTX 1050 Ti, which I had assumed was sufficient.

Hi,

1.]

What operating systems is installed on your computer ?

2.]

Test whether graphic drivers are causing the problem.

Open CREO6\Creo 6.0.2.0\Common Files\text\config.pro file in Wordpad/Notepad++, add following option and give it a try:

graphics win32_gdi

3.]

Test whether network card setting is causing the problem.

Modify properties of all physical network cards ... turn off "Power saving mode".

Martin Hanák
Top Tags