cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo parametric 8 doesnt open after installation

VB_10288820
3-Visitor

Creo parametric 8 doesnt open after installation

Information regarding the system:

Macbook air M1 running windows 11 in parallels.

Creo 8 education license

The problem:

Creo does not open, after installation. It just does not do anything and also does not pop up in the Task Manager. Whilst installing the installation manager complained, that he could not install Visual c++ redistributables. I finished the installation never the less, because under programs, in the system preferences, all the redistributables for visual c++ are listed.

I tried all the other helping tips and tricks that helped others with similar problems. Does anyone have an idea, what the problem could be?

12 REPLIES 12

@VB_10288820 wrote:

Information regarding the system:

Macbook air M1 running windows 11 in parallels.

Creo 8 education license

The problem:

Creo does not open, after installation. It just does not do anything and also does not pop up in the Task Manager. Whilst installing the installation manager complained, that he could not install Visual c++ redistributables. I finished the installation never the less, because under programs, in the system preferences, all the redistributables for visual c++ are listed.

I tried all the other helping tips and tricks that helped others with similar problems. Does anyone have an idea, what the problem could be?

Hi,

tip no.1

Add following option into config.pro file

graphics win32_gdi

tip no.2

Try Windows 10.

Martin Hanák

First of all thanks for the help. Sorry for my late reply, but I had some other things I had to take care of first. 

The tip no. 2 unfortunately does not work in my case, because windows 10 is no longer available for ARM in Parallels. Which means I have to use windows 11. Regarding the first tip: I have found the config.pro file, but how do I add the option "graphics win32_gdi" ?

@VB_10288820 wrote:

First of all thanks for the help. Sorry for my late reply, but I had some other things I had to take care of first. 

The tip no. 2 unfortunately does not work in my case, because windows 10 is no longer available for ARM in Parallels. Which means I have to use windows 11. Regarding the first tip: I have found the config.pro file, but how do I add the option "graphics win32_gdi" ?

Hi,

ARM processor is not supported platform.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

thx for the answer. But why am I able to install Creo without any problems? Yes, there is a warning about certain parts of the suite not compatable, but the rest should work, right?!?

@VB_10288820 wrote:

Hi,

thx for the answer. But why am I able to install Creo without any problems? Yes, there is a warning about certain parts of the suite not compatable, but the rest should work, right?!?

Hi,

I think that you can install Creo because installer is able to run on ARM processor.

Please go to https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/Creo_Parametric/9.0/creo9_hardware_notes page and open PDF document https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Creo_Parametric/9,-d-,0/creo9_hardware_notes.pdf?sc_lang=en .

You will see following information:

MartinHanak_0-1652167930798.png

Martin Hanák

Unfortunately doesn't work for me, because Mathcad is the only program I can choose, which doesn't help me in this case. Thx though

Status update: I installed the latest versions of visual c++ and reinstalled Creo. That had the positiv effect that the installation went nearly perfect this time. The Warning regarding visual c++ is gone and it installed that part like it should, there was only a warning regarding creo topology or something like that.

Unfortunately the problem remains. It does not start.

Hello, I'm having the same issue. Running Parallels with Windows 11 ARM. It installs fine but it does not start. Any pointers?

hi, have you some news? I have the same problem and I wanna know if you solve it, thanks!

@MU_10475542 wrote:

hi, have you some news? I have the same problem and I wanna know if you solve it, thanks!

Hi,

what news do you expect ? ARM platform is not supported by Creo. Creo will not run on ARM.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags